News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Are you still watching the series or is it done now that the much hated (by BB ;) ) Oilers have been defeated?

The game tonight was pretty good. The Sens were put out of the zone of comfort after 2 goals, and it showed until the 3rd period.  Too bad for them they didn't wake up in 2nd, the Pens almost lost that one.  5 more minutes like that, and they were undone.

The Sens lack the deepness to fully oppose a team like the Penguins, they have some very good players, but not enough to fill all positions and Anderson seems a little too weak from time to time.

Haven't watched Nashville-Anaheim yet.  I hear PK has joined the well populated club of ex Habs doing wonders somewhere else.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

So I was at the UT Baseball game last Saturday and at one point they fired the stupid T-Shirt gun in my direction. My son really wanted a shirt so I get myself into position and the shirt is headed right for me. At the last second this asshole in a Pens hat jumps in front of me and steals it at the last second and gives it to his kid. Doesn't that just sum it up?

My son was upset. Life is tough as the son of a Caps fan :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2017, 12:14:17 AM
HVC I've led a Cap fan's life, and I have never seen anything as brutally clear as this. As if I can see the Pens, in one horrifying moment, skating around with the Cup. As if it were already done...already a memory. An odd...set...stony quality to it. As if the future has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way I feel before every Capitals playoff run, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even tune in and watch it fail.

By the way. Painfully accurate. Viper should clear his calendar for his trip down to the victory parade now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

I will be able to tell the Russians that now the Caps and Wizards are out, the regional coverage pressure is off.

Barrister

Pens score in 2OT to advance to meet Nashville. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

couldn't watch the 2nd OT, way too late for me.  The 3rd and the 1st OT were great though.

Well, your predictions for the finale, gentlemen?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Poor poor senators.  Now I'm torn. A southern team or the penguins. Hmmm go predators. Subban's a good guy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on May 26, 2017, 05:11:02 AM
Poor poor senators.
yes, they were very surprising.  A bit too defensive for my tastes, but still a good team.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on May 26, 2017, 05:11:02 AM
Poor poor senators.  Now I'm torn. A southern team or the penguins. Hmmm go predators. Subban's a good guy.

Meh...think I'm done with hockey for they year.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 26, 2017, 05:08:24 AM
Well, your predictions for the finale, gentlemen?

I already made mine back on May 4th.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2017, 11:52:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2017, 12:14:17 AM
HVC I've led a Cap fan's life, and I have never seen anything as brutally clear as this. As if I can see the Pens, in one horrifying moment, skating around with the Cup. As if it were already done...already a memory. An odd...set...stony quality to it. As if the future has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way I feel before every Capitals playoff run, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even tune in and watch it fail.

By the way. Painfully accurate. Viper should clear his calendar for his trip down to the victory parade now.
I should go, take a picture with Sydney or Letang and use that as my avatar here :)

Valmy

Pens:

'Your way doesn't really work does it? Yes this. This is how you win the Stanley Cup hahahaha'

Caps:

'Why? Why would God choose Pittsburgh to be his instrument?'