Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2017, 02:12:16 PM
That is kind of you to say. I really despise the Pens in a very petty and envious way. The Pens have beaten the Caps in eight of their nine playoff matchups. The Caps have, of course, won game 1 in every single one of those series except 2000 and blown two game leads four times. I doubt many clubs have blown that many two game series leads in all their history, much less to just one opponent. The 2009 series was especially shit and there was this very vocal Pens fan on the board I blew up at at the time. I don't remember who that was but definitely not my best moment.

So, yeah, you don't need to tell me this series is going to be tougher. I think CdM will be enjoying this one alot.

Well, Letang is injured, so is Matt Murray.  You got two very good players totally absent from the line-up, not coming back soon (Letang is not coming back for the entire season, Murray is unsure).  Hagelin and Kunitz are still injured, not sure if they're coming back for the series.

This your chance Valmy.

I'm sorry, but I'm on the other side of this one. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Caps seemed to let the Leafs dictate the play in that first series, and in the regular season they were the ones dictating how the game would go.  Washington's talent and experience won out, but that worries me for the Caps against the Pens because Crosby has no issue dominating the game his way.  The Caps need to get back to their confident brand of hockey and demand a series win with sure as shit solid play.

Valmy

Well ok considering how the Caps usually win game 1 and lose anyway maybe it is for the best.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2017, 09:58:43 AM
Well ok considering how the Caps usually win game 1 and lose anyway maybe it is for the best.

Sorry V. :console:

So the Devils win the lottery, and the Flyers move up like 10+ spots.  Guess it really doesn't pay to tank. :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

The Pens are due. They once lost to the Caps 23 years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2017, 01:50:26 AM
Well, if you want to look at the bright side, a few years ago, the Flyers were losing 3-0 in game 4, also 3-0 in the series.
And suddenly, they won the game and the series 4-3.  And they went on for the cup.  So it ain't over 'til it's over.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2017, 01:50:26 AM

:console:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

There was an odd moment at the start of yesterday's Oilers-Ducks game.  Since the 2006 playoff run the anthem singer will belt out the first couple bars of Oh Canada, and then the fans in the arena take over.  It's a nice bit of patriotism, but that's about it.

But last night they had a country singer in to sing the Star Spangled Banner, but his microphone wasn't working.  So he got the crowd to sing it - and they did a remarkable job considering, you know, it's not their own anthem.  It was kind of neat to watch.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2017, 03:20:49 PM
There was an odd moment at the start of yesterday's Oilers-Ducks game.  Since the 2006 playoff run the anthem singer will belt out the first couple bars of Oh Canada, and then the fans in the arena take over.  It's a nice bit of patriotism, but that's about it.

But last night they had a country singer in to sing the Star Spangled Banner, but his microphone wasn't working.  So he got the crowd to sing it - and they did a remarkable job considering, you know, it's not their own anthem.  It was kind of neat to watch.

Fuck Canada and your politeness.  :P

There is a guy I recently met who is a West Point grad and did a couple tours in Afghanistan before leaving the army. Seems like he would be a macho guy, right? Only he is 29, but seriously overweight, and is about the opposite of macho. He apparently got his mother to send him Gilmore Girls tapes in Afghanistan so he could keep up.

Anyway, I heard a story that he was in a piano bar in South Carolina and they were taking song requests. He requested "O Canada", because "it is a great song." Everyone started booing, and half the bar requested the "star spangled banner", which got a rousing ovation. After the "Star Spangled Banner" played, they invited all the veterans in the audience to come on stage for acknowledgement. He was apparently the only veteran in the building.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

viper37

Your prayers have been rewarded Valmy.  :)

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on May 01, 2017, 09:51:39 PM
Your prayers have been rewarded Valmy.  :)

and Ed is happy too

CountDeMoney

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2017, 10:00:56 PM
Yay.

Let Ed be happy. He gets all cranky and needy when he's not :D