What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Can we stop assuming things about posters?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

So...his bill has been slashed.
Will he pay?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on April 10, 2024, 01:37:07 PMSalon article describing the current tenor of Trump ralliesas 50% megachurch sermon, 50% Nürnberg Rally.

Yeah, I have seen some reports that he has altered the way he ends his rallies so that they mimick a church sermon. White Nationalism, evangelical religious fervor and alt right conspiracy thinking all wrapped up in one.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

To be fair, if I'd slept with Donald Trump I'd deny it in the strongest possible terms too.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Come on, Syt. You should be posting the surrounding context.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2024, 03:23:46 AMCome on, Syt. You should be posting the surrounding context.

Ok, you have me beat - what context (genuinely unaware)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 11, 2024, 03:37:47 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2024, 03:23:46 AMCome on, Syt. You should be posting the surrounding context.

Ok, you have me beat - what context (genuinely unaware)?

I googled Stormy Daniels after seeing your post. Which I know not the intent but kinda just promotes Trump's message without any wrapping.

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-just-found-evidence-stormy-daniels-case-has-glaring-problem-1889088

QuoteTrump's 'Just Found' Evidence in Stormy Daniels Case Has Glaring Problem

Former President Donald Trump says there is "just found" evidence in his case involving former adult-film star Stormy Daniels. However, there is one glaring problem.

On Wednesday, Trump shared a post on TruthSocial and wrote, "LOOK WHAT WAS JUST FOUND! WILL THE FAKE NEWS REPORT IT?" In his post, Trump included a statement from Daniels that is dated January 30, 2018.

"Over the past few weeks I have been asked countless times to comment on reports of an alleged sexual relationship I had with Donald Trump many, many, many years ago," the statement from Daniels says. "I am not denying this affair because I was paid 'hush money' as has been reported in overseas owned tabloids. I am denying this affair because it never happened."

In April 2023, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg indicted Trump, accusing him of paying hush money to Daniels and alleging that the former president "repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records to conceal crimes that hid damaging information from the voting public during the 2016 presidential election."

Trump has continued to deny any wrongdoing in the case, which is set to begin on Monday.

While Trump's post appeared to suggest that the evidence he found was new, a report from the Associated Press (AP) last month said that the statement by Daniels was originally released six years ago, and that she had later recanted the remarks.

"She said her denials were due to a non-disclosure agreement and that she signed the statement because parties involved 'made it sound like I had no choice,'" AP reported.

Trump has repeatedly denied the allegations leveled by Bragg and previously said that he would testify in the trial.

"I would have no problem testifying," Trump said. "I didn't do anything wrong."

Trump was previously placed under a gag order in the case by New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan. The order was later expanded after Trump continued to attack Merchan's daughter and her connection to the Democratic Party.

Earlier this week, Trump suffered a legal loss in his attempts to delay the trial. His most recent bid centered around challenges to the gag order. However, a New York appeals court on Tuesday denied his efforts.

During an interview with Fox News' Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade on Wednesday, Trump's middle son, Eric Trump, spoke about his father's criminal trial: "Every single time he walks into that courtroom, million and millions of dollars flow in because the American people know exactly what's happening to him."

Newsweek reached out to Trump's spokesperson via email for comment on Wednesday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Oh, ok. Tbh, when Trump posts anything "just found" I assume it's been out there for a long while, and in this case that the paper would not really hold up, anyways, because it was signed because of NDA and not reflecting truth. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould