News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I Know Where I'm Going.

Wonderful Powell and Pressburger romance. Weirdly appropriate given its Scottishness. Also set where I was a couple of weeks ago so I recognised at least two of the castles.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2014, 01:50:40 PM
I Know Where I'm Going.

Wonderful Powell and Pressburger romance. Weirdly appropriate given its Scottishness. Also set where I was a couple of weeks ago so I recognised at least two of the castles.

Which one is yours?

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2014, 01:50:40 PM
I Know Where I'm Going.

I watch this a couple of months back; neat little story.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Score, got Network, The Colossus of New York, The Monster That Challenged the World, and It! the Terror From Beyond Space.

I've seen one of these, and it's probably not the one I ought to have had. -_-

In related news, I'm flat busted because I didn't do my timesheet in time and I didn't get paid yesterday. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Liep on September 20, 2014, 06:56:00 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 19, 2014, 11:55:47 PM
I'm watching a French film Irreversible. I'm fifteen minutes in and I don't know what it's about yet, but I might be getting motion sickness from the camera work.

I watched about 30 minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore. Easily the most horrible film I've ever seen.

Yep. 37 minutes is as far as i got too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

On the horrible scale, where Auschwitz is 7 and Valhalla Rising is 10, how bad is it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Is 'The Butler' worth a viewing?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2014, 05:51:04 PM
Is 'The Butler' worth a viewing?

The one about the White House?  I gave up on it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

We are going in with the first wave. Means more bugs for us to kill. You smash the entire area, you kill anything that has more than two legs, you get me?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point