Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 15, 2020, 04:51:13 PM
The ending of Man in the High Castle.

The worlds are combining.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Dracula has hour and a half episodes.  How odd.  Wonder why they did it that way.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2020, 10:23:49 PM
Dracula has hour and a half episodes.  How odd.  Wonder why they did it that way.

It's a mini series isn't it?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 15, 2020, 10:32:06 PM

3 episodes.  God this dude is so much better than Keanu.  Hope they give me some skin soon.

celedhring

Watched the first episode of The Outsider, based off a Stephen King novel. I am a sucker for murder mysteries, and this one seems interesting enough, plus it has a pretty good cast.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
Could be faulty recall, but I've only recalled it happening with search. If you use their landing page UI (which I agree is organised poorly) in the app version, it doesn't show paid/rental ones...only when you search.
No they sho to rent or buy on the landing page.

I think Amazon's move into sport is interesting and I could see that being a big thing in the future.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Amazon shows live NFL games over here. If it wasn't on at such Europe-unfriendly times I would have caught a game or two, NBA has several games starting at 21.30 GMT+1, but they have so many compared to the NFL that I guess they can afford it.

Sheilbh

Yeah. They've got tennis here and have started to move into the Premier League with a few games (and they've been allowed to play all games on a day which is novel).

I think that would be a big long-term play that would really cement them.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2020, 11:04:12 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 15, 2020, 04:47:15 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 15, 2020, 04:12:32 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2020, 04:03:07 AM
The big problem with amazon prime is less the quality of their good shows and more the messiness of their ui and the amount of utter junk and pay per view they throw on there.
On amazon, everything is listed in one, whether its a decent show you can stream for free, something you have to pay £2 an episode to watch, or some college humour series.
There's just no organisation. Discoverability is borked. There's a constant fear I might accidentally pay for something.

Weird. Certainly not set up that way there. No pay-per-view content on the Prime Video app.

UI is messy, so is HBO's. Netflix has by far the best app imho.
There is some content that require a monthly subscription, but you can cancel it anytime you want.  I haven't seen any strickly PPV content though.

Very weird.
So if you search for detective pikachu (for and instance of one you have to buy) then nothing will come up?
No, it's not there. 
At the bottom of the movie list there are "channels" you can subscribe to that will give you access to more content, but as I said, it's a monthly flat fee (per channel), not a strickly PPV.

EDIT: I did use search.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2020, 02:50:33 AM
Could be faulty recall, but I've only recalled it happening with search. If you use their landing page UI (which I agree is organised poorly) in the app version, it doesn't show paid/rental ones...only when you search.

I think Amazon's move into sport is interesting and I could see that being a big thing in the future.

:hmm:

I just downloaded the app to my phone (have typically only used app on apple TV or Roku) and my home page consisted almost exclusively of content included with prime (rows and rows).

I see one row of paid content suggesting I try amazon channels and then on bottom there is an icon I could click for store and one for channels.

The TV and movie tabs show the same.

Though I'll admit seems a much more pleasant experience than when trying to access their prime content through their web page.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yeah in fairness I am antediluvian and don't watch stuff on my phone (I also really like a small phone), but you definitely get rent or buy on the app front page on my TV.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2020, 10:23:49 PM

It's a common format for British minishows.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2020, 10:40:32 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 15, 2020, 10:32:06 PM

3 episodes.  God this dude is so much better than Keanu.  Hope they give me some skin soon.

We told you there's not much (female) skin to be seen in this one.  :P

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2020, 03:54:23 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2020, 02:50:33 AM

:hmm:

I just downloaded the app to my phone (have typically only used app on apple TV or Roku) and my home page consisted almost exclusively of content included with prime (rows and rows).

I see one row of paid content suggesting I try amazon channels and then on bottom there is an icon I could click for store and one for channels.

The TV and movie tabs show the same.

Though I'll admit seems a much more pleasant experience than when trying to access their prime content through their web page.

I haven't found any single paid content on the Spanish version of the app, I guess they still don't offer it over here.

FunkMonk

1917 was pretty incredible. I had a Wow face on damn near the whole movie.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.