News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

It's a parody site. It makes fun of the endless sidequests in Witcher.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 20, 2019, 04:06:53 PM
It's a parody site. It makes fun of the endless sidequests in Witcher.
Yep.  I LOLed  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

The He-Man I knew:

The Green New He-Man:

Nothing is sacred anymore :cry:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

The real He-Man is animated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Grey Fox

The real He-Man is a 3 inch figurine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 21, 2019, 08:37:39 AM
The real He-Man is a 3 inch figurine.

I had He-Man toys as a kid...they were bigger than 3 inches.  :mad:

(as in, they were at least twice as large as the 80's action figure standard...e.g. compared to Star Wars/GI Joe action figures...which I also had.  :P )

Valmy

It has been so weird to see things that I figured by the late 80s were played out seem to keep coming back.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Threviel

I never quite liked playing with dolls, never got into He-Man.

Barrister

I had GI Joes, Star Wars toys, Transformers... but I always thought He-Man was trash.  The accompanying cartoon was terrible, there was no coherent story behind him that made any kind of sense...

Now maybe it's because it came out in (I think) 1983, and at age 8 I'd already be ageing out of action figure toys, but in any event I have zero nostalgia for He-Man.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Only action figure I had was Major Matt Mason.  AFAIK I'm the only person who ever had one.  Came with a really cool crawler transport thing.

I also think He-Man was garbage, except the tag line.

PRC

He-Man started out as a toy and the show followed to help support those sales.  It become quite popular, but was always kind of hokey in my eyes as well, always re-using backgrounds and animations over and over again, episode to episode.  No one knew Adam was He-Man despite being exactly the fucking same except for a pink & white shirt vs. no shirt.  It made no sense.