News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I took my niece who was then 6 to see The Lion King. We're making plans to go see the live action; she's 30 now. And no HVC, you can't have her.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2018, 12:26:52 PM
I took my niece who was then 6 to see The Lion King. We're making plans to go see the live action; she's 30 now. And no HVC, you can't have her.

Haha you remembered :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Crazy Heart 2009.

Jeff Bridges is a aging alcoholic country singer who never made the big time.  He hooks up with single mom Maggie Gigglyhall.  The plot is pretty minimalist: they hook up, he loses her son in a mall, she throws him under the bus, he goes into rehab.  But the performances and script are great.  Bridges got a best actor nominee and he deserved it.  The shyness and the awkwardness of a 60 something has been with a many times wounded 30 something single mom is really well done.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2018, 04:40:31 PM
Crazy Heart 2009.

Jeff Bridges is a aging alcoholic country singer who never made the big time.  He hooks up with single mom Maggie Gigglyhall.  The plot is pretty minimalist: they hook up, he loses her son in a mall, she throws him under the bus, he goes into rehab.  But the performances and script are great.  Bridges got a best actor nominee and he deserved it.  The shyness and the awkwardness of a 60 something has been with a many times wounded 30 something single mom is really well done.

Yeah I liked it too, but I can hardly recall one scene from the film.  :Embarrass:

Though didn't he do his own singing?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Bohemian Rhapsody - The main actor takes some getting used to. He really seems rather retarded at first. Just... Odd.
But pretty good. Not best film ever material but decent.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Yeah I just saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Really good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Ralph breaks the internet
Took my nieces there, they liked it a lot.  Or the popcorn and the candies, not sure which...  :sleep:
Lots of references for adults in there, and a nice run into Disney's web site   :D Barely no singing, that was refreshing.  That was even a joke of sort in the movie. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Finished watching the O.J. Simpson trial series. Very well done.

Please tell me it was a joke that the nazi cop ended up as a Fox News presenter.  :lol:

Syt

Bernardo Bertolucci and Nicolas Roeg have died. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2018, 07:22:51 AM

:(

I didn't realise just what an interesting body of work Roeg created.

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

His 1970s movies are all really great/interesting. Then he kinda fell off.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on November 26, 2018, 08:00:59 AM

Yes I've seen most of those, though I see there's a late 60s one, Petulia  starring Julie Christie ( :wub: ) that I missed. 

celedhring

Petulia is a Richard Lester movie, Roeg was just the DP. It's a relentless tear-jerker.

Tbf, Brits do adultery movies like no other.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on November 26, 2018, 08:15:38 AM
Petulia is a Richard Lester movie, Roeg was just the DP. It's a relentless tear-jerker.

Tbf, Brits do adultery movies like no other.  :hmm:

:cool:  :bowler:

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2018, 08:10:40 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 26, 2018, 08:00:59 AM

Interestingly Roeg did all the videos for Roger Waters' 1984 Pros and Cons Tour

Yes I've seen most of those, though I see there's a late 60s one, Petulia  starring Julie Christie ( :wub: ) that I missed.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011