News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Well, he did admit it was a mistake to let the Greek horse in. Begrudgingly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
Why would i edit, unlike you i can admit to being wrong/making mistakes.

Sorry my tongue-in-cheek comment triggered you so badly that you had to resort to ad homs.  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Saw Black Panther with my wife yesterday. It was really good. Killmonger is defintely one of the best Marvel villains, up there with Loki and the Vulture.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Finished Altered Carbon.
Yes. It's very good.
What's with the bed press I've heard about it?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

It is apparently very far from the book.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Is 'Homeland' worth watching, as I caught the start of series 7 and am undecided; maybe I've missed too much already?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
Is 'Homeland' worth watching, as I caught the start of series 7 and am undecided; maybe I've missed too much already?  :D

I've seen seasons 3-5 which were pretty exciting. Kind of like a more realistic 24.

11B4V

Magnificent Seven (Assburger Version): C- meh.

All white boys die in the end. Minorities survive.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 18, 2018, 08:07:52 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2018, 07:42:47 PM

I've seen seasons 3-5 which were pretty exciting. Kind of like a more realistic 24.

Thanks for that. :cheers:

I'll try watching a bit more and reading wiki for the back story ie seasons 1-6.

Razgovory

Showtime started a cartoon about Donald Trump.  Essentially he's Homer Simpson which means he's a kinder, more articulate, more coherent, more intelligent and more sympathetic version of Donald Trump.  Also, he sound like Fred Flintstone. 

Take this line:   "Each and every one of you voted for me, and the ones who didn't, you kinda wanted to see what would happen."

I don't think the real Donald Trump is that self-aware.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 18, 2018, 10:04:16 PM

I don't think the real Donald Trump is that self-aware.

Yeah, he is his own cartoon.

As drawn by Gerald Scrafe:

garbon

So apparently a segment of the online universe has turned to the position that Black Panther 'isn't a movie about race' and 'would have been just as great with a white cast.'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

There are plenty of good superhero movies with mostly white casts. Does Black Panther ignore the formula?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 19, 2018, 03:23:23 AM
There are plenty of good superhero movies with mostly white casts. Does Black Panther ignore the formula?

It would need substantial edits to make it suitable for a majority white cast. Race is always swirling around whenever the Wakandans talk about the wider world.