And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on October 22, 2021, 02:54:45 AM
Seems crazy that a gun loaded with live ammo ended up on the hands of an actor in a film shoot, that's not supposed to happen, ever.  :huh:

Unless he was super close when he shot at them and there was a misshap with the blanks, but that's still super rare (and reckless).
from what I read, it was loaded with real bullets instead of blanks.  Why it happened to the director and the photography director though, I don't know.  Do they rehearse their scenes with these non actors usually? :(

I thougth Hollywood would have been safer around firearms after what happened to Brandon Lee :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Probably a shot where he was shooting into/towards the camera
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 22, 2021, 05:49:24 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 21, 2021, 11:40:57 PM
Seen this on another forum. Can't vouch for the veracity. 

EDIT: Haven't seen that anywhere else. False claim

AFP has an article on it. It's accurate.
Link?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 22, 2021, 07:26:58 AM

Link?

Here's a BBC one : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59005500

Every Quebec media has an article on it since they all subscribe to AFP.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2021, 07:23:40 AM
Probably a shot where he was shooting into/towards the camera
didn't think of that. duh.  thanks.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 22, 2021, 07:46:13 AM

Link?

Tim's deleted thing was claim Baldwin had threatened to shoot them in frustration at needing to do another take.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2021, 07:58:32 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 22, 2021, 07:46:13 AM

Link?

Tim's deleted thing was claim Baldwin had threatened to shoot them in frustration at needing to do another take.

Oh. That explains my confusion.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Wtf
https://mobile.twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1451539334142779396

Quote from: IndieWire

Prop Gun Fired by Alec Baldwin Contained Live Bullet, Says IATSE Local 44 (Update) http://bit.ly/3B94Znr

"IATSE Local 44 sent an email that said the gun used in the scene contained 'a live round' and the production's propmaster was not a member of Local 44."

https://t.co/kzbSFQcs71?amp=1

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Baldwin was reckless here. If Katmai is around he probably will know the particulars far better than me, but when I was over in the US I distinctly recall the golden rule of prop guns: when a gun's on set, treat it as if it was a real loaded gun. And that *specially* includes no "hehehe, I'll shot you" jokes. Plus there was a pretty strict procedure for checking the magazine when the gun was brought in and such.

jimmy olsen

Given the reports of non union workers being hired, I want to know how much control of the set Baldwin had. There are producers who just give some money and are listed as such in the credits and there are "Producers" who control everything

If you go to IMDB this is what you see. What is the difference between a producer and executive producer?

1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Executive producers are financial contributors to the film (or representative of the financial contributors) and basically have no role in actual production. 

Producers are the ones who hire the directors, supervise the scriptwriters before the director is hired (and sometimes afterword), pitch the movie, arrange for the use of equipment and locations... basically, everything that occurs off the set. They are like showrunners in TV.

Sometimes executive producers are also producers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Well, I was not expecting the ending of the last What we do in the Shadows episode...

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 22, 2021, 09:37:49 PM
Well, I was not expecting the ending of the last What we do in the Shadows episode...

Yeah, that was surprising. Fun episode though. I find these eps where they bring in some guest vampire characters are usually the best, they have a knack for creating those. Plus I loved how they brought together a lot of very subtle foreshadowing they have been doing throughout the season.

Also, I looked at imdb and [spoiler]Mark Proksch is credited as appearing in the next episode (and season finale). Could be a flashback kind of thing though.
[/spoiler]