News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2020, 05:45:25 AM
I like the story that when they were thinking about casting the voices, they wanted someone like Jessica Walters for the mother and then her agent was like do you want the actual Jessica Walters? :)

It also has Aisha Tyler, whom I will always love.

Yeah, the voice acting is definitely one of the strongest points of the show, if not the strongest. Their chemistry is what has basically propped up the show in the last few seasons when the scripts haven't been really good. Their guests have also been very good generally speaking.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on August 20, 2020, 04:48:11 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 04:46:15 AM
I just can't look back archer having exactly the same voice as Bob. The actor doesn't even try to make it different.

Bob?
Bobs Burgers. Probably the best American animation of the moment
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 07:57:20 AM
I just can't look back archer having exactly the same voice as Bob. The actor doesn't even try to make it different.

Bob?

Never actually watched it, I could have done with the context.  :P

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 20, 2020, 07:57:20 AM

Bob?

Part of the 'who cares if the animation looks like crap' school of animation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

daveracher

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2020, 07:18:53 PM
Jesus, Mary, an Joseph, here's a dude that hasn't posted in like five years.  Or maybe you're a game forum guy?

I read both. I just don't chime in all that often.
Birdman of Burlington

Sheilbh

Oh no. It's almost time for the entire country to be awkwardly attracted to Thatcher :ph34r: :weep:
https://twitter.com/TheCrownNetflix/status/1296446738065129473?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2020, 10:09:44 AM
Oh no. It's almost time for the entire country to be awkwardly attracted to Thatcher :ph34r: :weep:

As long as it is because of Gillian Anderson...  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on August 20, 2020, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2020, 10:09:44 AM

As long as it is because of Gillian Anderson...  :P
I can't make any promises about the 45% who vote Tory..... :x
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Season finale of Yellowstone is this Sunday. Excellent season, good show, great characters and acting. The season seemed to fly by! I would definitely like to see more episodes. :)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

I guess I like ancient movies then.  :sleep:

Solmyr

Anything from 1992 or later is new to me. :D

Josquius

It is a serious thing. Anything made before I gained sentience is impossibly ancient and has been around since the dawn of time. Star Wars for example.

Yet.... There's less time between the original star wars and the prequels than between the prequels and the Disney films.....
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on August 22, 2020, 05:50:11 PM
Yet.... There's less time between the original star wars and the prequels than between the prequels and the Disney films.....

Not quite.
1977 A New Hope
1999 Phantom Menace
2015 Force Awakens
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

The Snyder Cut and Robert Pattinson's Batman movie put out teaser trailers and I'm pretty excited about my angst-ridden dark grungy superheroes I have to say.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.