TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2020, 02:03:13 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 26, 2020, 07:39:16 PM
I totally agree with you about Ashford :(

Ditto.

Two possible explanations - Ashford wanted to take him alive to question him and figure out all that he was up to but figured most people who could be trusted to accompany him would be people who wanted the guy dead.  Or alternatively, there weren't many Belters he could completely trust not to switch sides on him.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Just watched Parasites, realy fucking good. Has anyone here seen it? Tim, maybe?

The Brain

The Lodgers. Twins face the challenges of life in a crumbling country house. It's OK. The chick is hot. The movie is Irish, so spot the GoT cast members.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Just got back from Ford v Ferrarri at the movin pitcher show.  I found the driving scenes intense.  If there's any hardcore racing guys here I'd love to hear their opinion.

Strange thing is I found the wife to be nothing special in The Outlander but here she hymn no tized me.  I think it's because that bustle hid her 7 foot long legs.  And maybe the hair.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 29, 2020, 01:52:29 AM
Just got back from Ford v Ferrarri at the movin pitcher show.  I found the driving scenes intense.  If there's any hardcore racing guys here I'd love to hear their opinion.

Strange thing is I found the wife to be nothing special in The Outlander but here she hymn no tized me.  I think it's because that bustle hid her 7 foot long legs.  And maybe the hair.

You all right mate?

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2020, 04:40:45 AM

You all right mate?

He was probably getting ready for the caucus.

The Brain

The Limehouse Golem. Murder and Music Hall in Victorian London. I liked it a lot, it's entertaining. [spoiler]The reveal was spotted a long way off but this wasn't really a big problem I think. It was also nice that it's possible to have a scene with a murderous Karl Marx going to town on a hooker without it being particularly silly.[/spoiler] Bill Nighy is always nice I think. The chicks were hot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' a fine film, I can't fault, but for one thing, the title, if it had been called something else it wouldn't have telegraphed the theme of the story straight away.

Once it got going, I particularly liked the way it gradually unveiled the character of the father.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 29, 2020, 01:52:29 AM
Naked she is nothing special to you, but all dressed up, and she's hypnotizing you?  That's what you are telling us?  Anything else you want to share with us?   :lol:
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on January 30, 2020, 03:11:09 AM
Naked she is nothing special to you, but all dressed up, and she's hypnotizing you?  That's what you are telling us?  Anything else you want to share with us?   :lol:

There are nude scenes in Outlander?? :o

garbon

I haven't watched much of the show but the books have a lot in common with romance novels.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

My sisters are huge fans of the books, and presumably the shows.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 30, 2020, 03:11:09 AM

There are nude scenes in Outlander?? :o

Not sure if serious, but there's nudes all over the place in Outlander.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on January 30, 2020, 10:45:35 AM

Dead serious.  I've watched maybe 30 minutes and never got a sniff.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2020, 10:51:15 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 30, 2020, 10:45:35 AM

Dead serious.  I've watched maybe 30 minutes and never got a sniff.

It's a 55 episodes series of ~1h & you've watched 30minutes.  :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.