Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

WTF is this garbage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=220&v=AzkIJ-xKsyU&feature=emb_logo

"DCTV Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover - Superman vs Superman Scene (HD)"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Jon Cryer? That's even worse casting than Jesse Zuckerberg.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Superman with the voice of Batman is also weird. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 12, 2019, 04:08:30 AM
Eh, which is the freebie?
Amazon Prime was pretty cheap at 79$ CAN/year.

I see it's now 119$US for you guys.  Either they raised their prices for new customers or it's more for Americans since you are all so rich under your new President. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Wounds. Anastasia Steele's college dropout bartender boyfriend finds phone left by a customer, with disturbing consequences. I liked [spoiler]the very slow build of weirdness, I think horror movies often are the best when things are still semi-normal.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Deliver Us From Evil. New York cop Eric Bana encounters primary evil. I liked [spoiler]-Get ready! -For fucking what? -The Clash. *The Doors song starts playing loudly*.[/spoiler] It makes sense in context so I'm not dissing it, just found it a bit amusing.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I didn't realise she was aliveto be honest... But.... Anna Marina dead :shock:
. BBC News - Anna Karina: French New Wave cinema legend dies aged 79
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50799366
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Hold the Dark. Iceman from Generation Kill is still in the sandbox, but gets wounded and shipped home around the same time his Alaskan home village has a wolf problem. One of those slow movies, where everything. Is. Slow. As. Fuck. I was keeping at it because there was at least some interesting stuff happening, but then during [spoiler]the world's slowest and most drawn out shootout scene, which also happened to be farcical[/spoiler] I couldn't take it anymore. I may or may not finish it at a later time.

FunkMonk

HBO's Watchmen had its finale tonight and hell, I'll say it, this series was pretty damn good.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Watching new season of The Expanse. Martian police is using the same IKEA desk chairs that we bought.  :D

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 09, 2019, 06:50:52 PM
It is a thought though. What shows/films are truly depressing. There's definitely some though my memory is failing me.

I watched 'On the Beach' (1959) last night, definitely a candidate. Though a good film and my what a great actor Gregory Peck was.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

He was certainly great at playing Gregory Peck.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"