News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The Expanse was just too dark for me.  When people turned into raving mass-murderers, I quit.  It's quite well-done, though, and I loved the parts taken from the first book.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Barely Lethal.  High school movie starring Haley Rider as a US assassin trained from childhood by Samuel Jackson who wants to experience teen life.  Pretty in Pink meets Grosse Point Blank.  Sophie Turner has a supporting role, and she's a giantess.  They did a good job of hiding her height in GoT.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2019, 03:33:47 PM
Barely Lethal.  High school movie starring Haley Rider as a US assassin trained from childhood by Samuel Jackson who wants to experience teen life.  Pretty in Pink meets Grosse Point Blank.  Sophie Turner has a supporting role, and she's a giantess.  They did a good job of hiding her height in GoT.

She is 5'7'', you got to be a pretty short guy to consider that to be a giant.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 09, 2019, 04:00:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2019, 03:33:47 PM

She is 5'7'', you got to be a pretty short guy to consider that to be a giant.

That's like 6'3'' in Korean.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

The Googles says 5'9". Which isnt giant (especially by CC Standards :lol:) but is pretty tall for a woman
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on October 09, 2019, 04:41:37 PM
The Googles says 5'9". Which isnt giant (especially by CC Standards :lol:) but is pretty tall for a woman

odd, google told me 1.75 m so more like 5'7''

But you are correct 5'9'' is still pretty short  :D

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 09, 2019, 04:45:27 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 09, 2019, 04:41:37 PM

odd, google told me 1.75 m so more like 5'7''

:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Google gave me 5'9", but 1.75 is 5.75 feet, or 5'9", right? Or has conversion failed me? Haven't done it In A while.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Yes, 12 inches to a foot.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on October 09, 2019, 04:47:34 PM
Google gave me 5'9", but 1.75 is 5.75 feet, or 5'9", right? Or has conversion failed me? Haven't done it In A while.

your math is better than mine  :Embarrass:

Grey Fox

Fuck y'all, giants.

& I think GoT didn't really succeeded in hiding her height. Altho, Kit is just small. *sigh*
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Berkut on September 24, 2019, 02:51:59 PM
No, the plot isn't twisted. It is almost boringly linear in fact. Almost weirdly so given that the framework of the story is a son going to track down his fathers failed mission. [spoiler]You expect there to be some interesting ploy constructs as he learns WHAT REALLY HAPPENED, and it seems to be setting that up, with a mysterious figure who dies leaving a cryptic warning and everything.
[/spoiler]
Its trying very hard to be this serious character study of a character who isn't that interesting, with a dad that isn't that interesting, and they give you a story to carry that character study that is really, really, really not that interesting, and with gigantic plot holes and irrelevant diversion all over the place.

Saw that yesterday. I was hoping for a lot more - and wouldn't have minded the plot holes, and the diversions if they allowed a glimpse into an interesting character. But Brad Pitt's character is basically a two-dimensional stereotype of "abandoned child with daddy issues", and the plot only keeps making that point over and over again. And then, over again.

It's gorgeous, however.

Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Excel or LibreOffcier:
=convert(5+9/12;"ft";"m"). gives  1.753m.
1.75m = 5.88 feet and .88' = 9"
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 09, 2019, 04:50:08 PM

your math is better than mine  :Embarrass:
lawyers...
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on October 10, 2019, 10:31:18 AM
Excel or LibreOffcier:
=convert(5+9/12;"ft";"m"). gives  1.753m.
1.75m = 5.88 feet and .88' = 9"

No, it's 5 feet and 8.8 inches. Not the same as 5.88 feet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?