News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Killing Eve, season 2. It has stopped trying to make any kind of sense, but still really enjoyable.

Threviel

I think, as I understood it when we were there, there is a Cambremer AOC with regards to cider in Normandy. But deep water for me, so no guarantees

Tonitrus

Rim of the World (Netflix).

Good, fun, (very) dumb, kids-save-the-world flick.

viper37

Aladin.

Stupid and silly musical.  Hollywood has a way to destroy very good material.  :(

On the plus side, the Princess is quite charming.  And a feminist too, nice change.  But she still depends on her men to save her from the evil men ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Watched the first episode of Chernobyl. Oh, those Russians...!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2019, 01:51:05 PM
The only Norman AOC I'm aware of for alcohol is Calvados.  I can't think of any Breton ones either.  That could change in the future given global warming.
Yes, some vineyards are planting in the UK and higher up in the mountains, so a lot could change.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Finished watching 'In Search of the Trojan War' a 6 hour documentary series by Michael Wood, given it's 30-35 years old it's stood the test of time rather well, though I can't comment on how out of date the archeaology is.

I don't think the BBC would nowadays dedicate 6 hours of network time to cover just one topic.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on May 25, 2019, 03:43:03 PM
Aladin.

Stupid and silly musical.  Hollywood has a way to destroy very good material.  :(

On the plus side, the Princess is quite charming.  And a feminist too, nice change.  But she still depends on her men to save her from the evil men ;)

The cartoon princess was a feminist too. She defied the Patriarchy to sneak around the city.  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

miozozny

Quote from: mongers on May 25, 2019, 05:47:44 PM
Finished watching 'In Search of the Trojan War' a 6 hour documentary series by Michael Wood, given it's 30-35 years old it's stood the test of time rather well, though I can't comment on how out of date the archeaology is.

I don't think the BBC would nowadays dedicate 6 hours of network time to cover just one topic.  :bowler:

Does a royal wedding count as one topic?

Josquius

I dunno, I've seen some super niche documentaries on bbc4. Mostly one or two hours but I'm sure some were longer.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

How about those jeans, though?

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on May 26, 2019, 04:56:37 PM

How about those jeans, though?

:lol:

The series he did before it, 'In Search Of The Dark Ages' from 79-81 has some epic ones, proper bell bottoms, along with sheepskin coats etc.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Revisited Amelie. Such a charming movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 27, 2019, 02:02:01 AM

According to some leftist luminaries around here, it was a petainist movie.  :lmfao:

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 27, 2019, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 27, 2019, 02:02:01 AM

According to some leftist luminaries around here, it was a petainist movie.  :lmfao:

I was confused by that scene where she starts chanting "famille, travail, patrie"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."