And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on May 18, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 18, 2019, 10:07:20 AM
They have cast the vampire boytoy from the Twilight films as the new Batman. I thought that after Ben Affleck the only way was up, but seems I was wrong.  <_<

Can you believe they cast Heath Ledger as the Joker?

Ledger was amazing right from the start.  This other guy might yet become amazing.

celedhring

He's had plenty of opportunities post-Twilight in several prestige movies and I have never seen anything that makes me think he's a good actor. And I'm not writing him off because he was in a shitty teen vampire saga, her co-lead in that has shown to be a very talented actress during the same time.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Yeah. She's pretty good, actually.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 18, 2019, 10:24:24 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 18, 2019, 10:07:20 AM
They have cast the vampire boytoy from the Twilight films as the new Batman. I thought that after Ben Affleck the only way was up, but seems I was wrong.  <_<

I have seen High Life. Pattinson can totally do Batman.

Hopefully better than Clooney.

Josquius

Nothing against the guy.
If I were offered huge money to be in a shitty film for teenage girls I'd take it.
Assuming he knows how to act at least at a minimum level here. I'm more a believer in directors than directors... he is quite young. So yet another origin film. This does not fill me with enthusiasm,
██████
██████
██████

dps

He's 33, which is only 3 year younger than Val Kilmer and George Clooney were when they took over the role.

Tonitrus

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on May 23, 2019, 12:28:40 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 23, 2019, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 23, 2019, 12:17:59 PM
Star Trek:Picard teaser trailer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3om4V_-Y0Q

so what's this all about?

Some kind of trek amongst the stars, I imagine.

Didn't seem like it from the trailer. Looks like a show about an old vintner.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Minsky Moment

Don't think there is a Bourgogne Franche Comte AOC.  There is an IGP designation for Franche Comte. 

I'm up for a Star Trek spinoff that focuses on future regulatory changes to the French and EU wine appellation regime, but not sure there is a mass audience for that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 23, 2019, 01:02:32 PM
Don't think there is a Bourgogne Franche Comte AOC.  There is an IGP designation for Franche Comte. 

I'm up for a Star Trek spinoff that focuses on future regulatory changes to the French and EU wine appellation regime, but not sure there is a mass audience for that.

If they're focusing on the EU I wonder if the Brexit has gone through yet
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk