And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 25, 2019, 09:21:19 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 25, 2019, 09:09:24 AM

Kinda agree with Nandor, the guy is supposed to be a ruthless warrior and appears as a bumbling fool most of the time. At least in the duel with the werewolf he chose the right weapon.  :lol:

He was pretty powerful in the city council, but chose a somewhat wrong strategy. :D

Still better tan presenting the dead raccoons at the councilwoman's door.  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Iormlund on April 24, 2019, 02:49:29 PM
Am I the only person on Earth who's never seen any Fast & Furious movies?

Though in all honesty I feel like after watching that trailer I kinda have seen one now.
You might have seen the 1st one.

Anyway, 1,4,5 are pretty good.  2 is passable.  3 is very bad.  4 starts bringing back characters of the old school, I think they bring guys from 2&3 + Vin Diesel.  5th one is a good action flick, with some good, totally over the top car stunts (the finale is silly and great :D ) :)

6,7, bah.  Generic action flick with CGIed cars.  It could have been of any title and would still be the same flick.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2019, 07:28:57 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2019, 07:26:35 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on April 24, 2019, 02:49:29 PM
Am I the only person on Earth who's never seen any Fast & Furious movies?

Though in all honesty I feel like after watching that trailer I kinda have seen one now.

Also not seen any.

Though I may have caught bits of a trail on another dvd release. :unsure:

My sister made me see one for her birthday. <_<

Ah, this is where my dream girl is hiding... :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Garbon's sister is a tyrant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

She does like to be in charge.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Query does not compute.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Singin' in the Rain (1952)

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to watch "A Clockwork Orange" right before seeing this.  During Gene Kelly's big dance number I kept thinking of a very different scene...

;)

I saw this on the big screen; the dance numbers come across much better in that format.  Cyd Charisse's billowing veil in the ballet scene is really amazing.  (I read that Cyd Charisse was slightly taller than Gene Kelly, which is why she's either at a distance from him, or lying back when they're on screen together.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Avengers Endgame - mildly disappointing. I guess it's made for the fans and fans only, and if you really into the saga you'll probably dig it. It's essentially 2 hours of fanservice and a big battle tacked on at the end. A bunch of the references flew over my head since I have missed several of these movies, or I just didn't remember the details and wasn't bothered to rewatch them just for this.

I actually liked Infinity War, and I was looking forward this one, but alas, it was not to be.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2019, 05:18:12 PM
A bunch of the references flew over my head since I have missed several of these movies, or I just didn't remember the details and wasn't bothered to rewatch them just for this.

11-12 movies, so, roughly... counting the post credits scenes, 20-22 hours worth of material.  Did you think they released it right after Easter day on pure coincidence? ;)
I narrowly escaped a terrible fate this week-end, since Dumbo wasn't playing anymore in my city (why did I agree to be godfather to a little girl?? :D ), so I might go see it on Monday.  Critics are good, it might be that you need to have seen all the previous ones to truly enjoy it. :) That suits me. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

More like 22.  Running just shy of 43 hours.  I happily watched the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions in the theater late last year back to back to back, but I still can't fathom coming to grips with all of the Marvel movies I've missed. :Embarrass:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

HVC

I liked it, but I've watched most of the movies. The fact that they weren't consistent with the rule (law?) discussed in the movie itself is my only major complaint.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

That didn't bother me that much. It's not the first [spoiler]time travel film[/spoiler] to break its own rules. What bothered me greatly tough is that they [spoiler]"resetted" Thanos, and killed the actual one rather nonclimatically. Post-IW Thanos was a much more compelling villain than 2014 Thanos, given what he did and experienced in IW.[/spoiler].

Josephus

Am I the only person here who hasn't seen any of these Avenger movies you're talking about? 22? I missed them all.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011