News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Am I the only person on Earth who's never seen any Fast & Furious movies?

Though in all honesty I feel like after watching that trailer I kinda have seen one now.

Admiral Yi

I haven't seen any.  I might have seen the trailer to F&F 16 or 17 before a Youtube clip.

celedhring

I saw FF5 or 6 once. I forgot everything about it besides the fact I was bored throughout until the last chase scene, which had some fun shit blowing up.

Barrister

Quote from: Iormlund on April 24, 2019, 02:49:29 PM

Though in all honesty I feel like after watching that trailer I kinda have seen one now.

I've seen a couple.  I remember the first one, which was comparatively low key, and one of the recent ones, which was just ludicrous.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

I already have the Mission: Impossible series for my screwball action movies. I don't see the appeal in the TF&TF franchise since I'm not really a gearhead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

I've seen, I think two, maybe three but haven't bothered with the latest ones. They just seem to get more and more outlandish. Same for me with some of the Marvel movies, or mostly the Avengers that Downey is in. Those got more crazy as they went along, but I will watch some of the other ones in that genre.

Eddie Teach

Us. Pretty outlandish, but it does increase tension when you watch.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

What We Do in the Shadows series is much fun. The energy vampire is genius. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on April 25, 2019, 03:52:34 AM
What We Do in the Shadows series is much fun. The energy vampire is genius. :lol:

Just watched yesterday a few more episodes. When the energy vampire meets the emotion vampire...  :lmfao:

celedhring

Nadja is hilarious, too, the actress is pretty great. Only weak spot for me in the cast so far is Nandor, his bumbling idiot role doesn't seem to have much legs.

But I love the show, much better than I expected.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2019, 07:26:35 AM

Also not seen any.

Though I may have caught bits of a trail on another dvd release. :unsure:

My sister made me see one for her birthday. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2019, 07:11:08 AM
Nadja is hilarious, too, the actress is pretty great. Only weak spot for me in the cast so far is Nandor, his bumbling idiot role doesn't seem to have much legs.

But I love the show, much better than I expected.

Kinda agree with Nandor, the guy is supposed to be a ruthless warrior and appears as a bumbling fool most of the time. At least in the duel with the werewolf he chose the right weapon.  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2019, 07:28:57 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2019, 07:26:35 AM

Also not seen any.

Though I may have caught bits of a trail on another dvd release. :unsure:

My sister made me see one for her birthday. <_<

:(

:hug:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on April 25, 2019, 09:09:24 AM

Kinda agree with Nandor, the guy is supposed to be a ruthless warrior and appears as a bumbling fool most of the time. At least in the duel with the werewolf he chose the right weapon.  :lol:

He was pretty powerful in the city council, but chose a somewhat wrong strategy. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk