TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 01:37:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKcPwRZoBw

Liv Tyler turned into Jaba the Hut.  8:42 of the clip.  Criminy

We should all be so lucky as to age as gracefully as Ian Mckellen

Sam really got fat.  I agree with Garbon, an obviously unflattering picture of Liv.

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 19, 2019, 03:14:22 PM

Sam really got fat.  I agree with Garbon, an obviously unflattering picture of Liv.

Bullshit on Liv..you nards.
7 Feb 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6677703/Liv-Tyler-looks-effortlessly-chic-flowing-navy-skirt-overcoat.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on March 19, 2019, 07:51:02 AM
I love the part where Strange helps win the Peninsular war by altering the geography to favor Wellington's troops, but the Spaniards complain that while they saved the country they can hardly tell it's Spain anymore.

The best part of the book was Strange-in-Spain, honestly. I found it interesting before then, but relatively dull. Fortunately, it built upon the premise early on to something far better later.

Still a shame we're not likely to see more works of that length from her.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 19, 2019, 02:53:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 02:18:56 AM
Hmmm.  Maybe she blew up after a kid and lost it back?

It looks photoshop fake fat to me...and being that it's one of those clickbait "where are they now" things, would not surprise me.

That's exactly what it is.  I found a site where apparently people Photoshop pictures of celebrities to make them look fatter. Her picture was on and people were praising the guy who did it.  I have no idea why someone would spend their time doing that, but there it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I get the idea behind internet photoshop hatchet jobs, but showing 20 other actors the way they really look is kinda weird.  Kinda elaborate for a hatchet job.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 07:00:20 PM
I get the idea behind internet photoshop hatchet jobs, but showing 20 other actors the way they really look is kinda weird.  Kinda elaborate for a hatchet job.
maybe the "journalist" writing this piece didn't really bother to check if the picture used was real or not.  He got this "oh!  it looks cool! Liv Tyler is Jabba the Hutt's sister now!" feeling out of it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on March 19, 2019, 08:13:33 PM
maybe the "journalist" writing this piece didn't really bother to check if the picture used was real or not.  He got this "oh!  it looks cool! Liv Tyler is Jabba the Hutt's sister now!" feeling out of it.

Yeah, "journalist".

I don't think those exist much anymore.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Viggo is still fat though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

This is just some random guy on Youtube.  There was no "piece" written.  Just a video.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Daredevil S03, done.

I liked it a lot.  Less fights than before, but Kingpin was at its best.

The Little Drummer girl
very good suspense, but don't go in this expecting some female Jason Bourne action series.  I guess it's closer to real spycraft.  Not that I really know that, anyway :P

In case you missed it on AMC, it's about a young English actress recruited by Mossad to infiltrate a Palestinian terror network in the 60s, in Europe and in Lebanon.  Miniseries, 3x 2hrs episodes.  Eric from Trueblood stars in it.  The female lead will have a supporting role in the upcoming Black Widow movie.

There is a lesbian sex scene at the end of the series. :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on March 19, 2019, 09:41:29 PM

This is just some random guy on Youtube.  There was no "piece" written.  Just a video.
ah, ok.  didn't pay much attention.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on March 19, 2019, 05:27:52 PM

7 Feb 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6677703/Liv-Tyler-looks-effortlessly-chic-flowing-navy-skirt-overcoat.html

Did you realize that I'd already posted that and CC even mentioned my posting?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

I just watched Teen Titans Go!  To The Movies.  It was amazing! :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on March 19, 2019, 10:41:04 PM

The Little Drummer girl
very good suspense, but don't go in this expecting some female Jason Bourne action series.  I guess it's closer to real spycraft.  Not that I really know that, anyway :P

In case you missed it on AMC, it's about a young English actress recruited by Mossad to infiltrate a Palestinian terror network in the 60s, in Europe and in Lebanon.  Miniseries, 3x 2hrs episodes.  Eric from Trueblood stars in it.  The female lead will have a supporting role in the upcoming Black Widow movie.

There is a lesbian sex scene at the end of the series. :P

Already adapted as a movie in the '80s. Read John Le Carrés book long ago. Worth a watch?
When I think of Jason Bourne, I remember the made-for-tV very first adaptation with Richard Chamberlain.  :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2019, 12:20:55 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 19, 2019, 05:27:52 PM

7 Feb 2019

Did you realize that I'd already posted that and CC even mentioned my posting?

He said unflattering, not fake.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".