Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2019, 04:24:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 18, 2019, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2019, 12:45:50 PM
I was glad to see something set in the early 18th century, not really a time period explored in movies about England usually,
yeah, I'm still waiting for the historical movie were Montcalm pushes back the English to England and takes the fight over there.  :(

"The only one who can stop zombie Montcalm's undead horde of musketeers is ... zombie Wolfe! So we must perform the dark ceremony to raise him from his crypt, before London is overrun!"

"But will dabbling in Black Magic, even for such a good cause, work out well for our beloved England?!" 
When I make that movie, I'll hire you, with just a few mino tweaks to the script :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Daredevil Season 3.

Imho, not as good as the other 2 seasons.
Still, a pretty interesting revelations on Daredevil's "origins".

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKcPwRZoBw

Liv Tyler turned into Jaba the Hut.  8:42 of the clip.  Criminy

Eddie Teach

She matches her fictional hubby.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Hmmm.  Maybe she blew up after a kid and lost it back?

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 18, 2019, 04:48:05 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2019, 04:24:21 PM
"The only one who can stop zombie Montcalm's undead horde of musketeers is ... zombie Wolfe! So we must perform the dark ceremony to raise him from his crypt, before London is overrun!"

"But will dabbling in Black Magic, even for such a good cause, work out well for our beloved England?!"

Is this the new Susanna Clarke novel?

Dammit, I wish there was a new Susanna Clarke novel.  :( I really loved Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Yeah, she's only published short stories besides that one right? I guess she might be one of those writers that struggle with following up a highly acclaimed book like that one. I loved it too.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on March 19, 2019, 07:08:55 AM
Yeah, she's only published short stories besides that one right? I guess she might be one of those writers that struggle with following up a highly acclaimed book like that one. I loved it too.

Yup, collected in The Ladies of Grace Adieu. I read somewhere that she's been ill.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

I love the part where Strange helps win the Peninsular war by altering the geography to favor Wellington's troops, but the Spaniards complain that while they saved the country they can hardly tell it's Spain anymore.

Oexmelin

Quote from: celedhring on March 19, 2019, 07:08:55 AM

I read somewhere she has a debilitating illness that has slowed down what was already a slow process.  :(
Que le grand cric me croque !

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 02:18:56 AM
Hmmm.  Maybe she blew up after a kid and lost it back?

It looks photoshop fake fat to me...and being that it's one of those clickbait "where are they now" things, would not surprise me.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2019, 01:37:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKcPwRZoBw

Liv Tyler turned into Jaba the Hut.  8:42 of the clip.  Criminy
wtf is that?  I saw pictures of her in 2018 and she's close to her 2001 weight?

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2019, 02:12:55 PM
Yes this was known years ago...and more importantly everything Rowling has made after Harry Potter hasn't been very good.

I actually like the Robert Galbraith detective novels.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Well, it turns out those Hammer Films were right:  Christopher Lee really is a vampire.  How else could that have photos of him in 2019?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017