News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Anyone watched Siren?  What is like, as a tv show?  Is it geared toward teenagers like the Vampire Diaries, The Originals, etc, or is it a targeting a more mature audience?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Man, Three Billboards is awesome stoned.  I was blubbering like a baby.

Ditched the 3rd reel, which I think kind of wanders.

The Brain

The Skeleton Twins. Kristen Wiig and gay Bill Hader are twins with issues. Very good low-key drama. And of course Kristen Wiig is so fucking hot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Watched Bumblebee, the latest in the robot-punching movies, but this one wasn't by Michael Bay and has the girl from True Grit in it. Was pretty entertaining. 7.5/10 John Hughes Horse-Girl Movie.

(Settle down, Brain)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Habbaku on December 24, 2018, 06:51:05 PM
Watched Bumblebee, the latest in the robot-punching movies, but this one wasn't by Michael Bay and has the girl from True Grit in it. Was pretty entertaining. 7.5/10 John Hughes Horse-Girl Movie.

(Settle down, Brain)
I heard the Cybertronian Wars scenes are amazing nostalgia gems for those who loved the original toys/series.  I hadn't watched or read anything about it till a few days ago.  The thought of a Michael Bay free Transformers movie appeals to me.  I think I might actually try to catch in in the theaters.  It seems like a movie that would lend itself to the big screen/sound system experience.  Did you watch the regular or 3d version?  (Is there a 3d version?)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

mongers

'Upstart Crow' Christmas special.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Last Days of Stalin sure was a fun movie.  I wished it went on for another hour.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2018, 01:06:58 AM
Last Days of Stalin sure was a fun movie.  I wished it went on for another hour.

Is that a spoof?

Admiral Yi

Good one.

The Death of Stalin.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2018, 01:06:58 AM

I think the world could have done without a 70's Stalin.

The Brain

Started on The Deuce. Hot pants. Jesus.

Maladict

Started watching Arrival. Looks pretty stupid so far.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 28, 2018, 12:23:55 PM
Started watching Arrival. Looks pretty stupid so far.

It was barely OK in the end, but instantly forgettable.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

:huh: It was one of the best movies of 2016.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien