And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2018, 10:39:13 AM
Lisa Bonet?

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

In part because she now calls herself Lilakoi Moon (her son is named Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa).   Apparently, she doesn't go for standard names.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Except for Wolf sounds pretty Polynesian, which makes sense for Momoa.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

La La Land is on Netflix. Emma Watson and Ryan Gosling are charming but unable to dance.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

What about Emma Stone's dancing abilities?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on December 14, 2018, 03:04:02 PM

Don't know if she can dance, but I do know she's topless in her next movie.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Well, right. What's Watson up to these days?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2018, 03:40:06 PM

I haven't seen her in anything since the rape cameo in This Is The End.

Google says she's done about a movie a year, none of which I had heard of.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on December 14, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Don't know if she can dance, but I do know she's topless in her next movie.

She was half-topless in The Favourite.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 14, 2018, 03:57:45 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2018, 03:40:06 PM

I haven't seen her in anything since the rape cameo in This Is The End.

Google says she's done about a movie a year, none of which I had heard of.

Ditto, though hard to blame her for taking (what I presume to be) smaller roles after HP. She has a lot of freedom to only take what she pleases now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

HVC

34, so no longer a spring chicken

Syt

Quick reminder about next year's dress code:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on November 13, 2018, 05:49:18 PM
Finally saw the whole of Margin Call after watching clips on Youtube. I think it's a great movie. Focus on the story, doesn't try to explain the technical details (don't get me wrong, I liked that The Big Short tried to be edumacational, but they are very different kinds of movies). Generally doesn't try to explain details that are not important. Good acting, which you expect from Jeremy Irons et al. Hell I don't usually care much for Simon Baker but he does a good job here.

Finally watched 'The Big Short', I liked it and agree with you.

Stand out for me was Christian Bale finally putting in a performance I liked and Brad Pitt playing his low key.

Clearly I'll have to catch 'Margin Call' now.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"