And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Walking dead is on Netflix
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

A thought.
The more the online streaming market diversifies the less of an online streaming market there will be,.
Paying one £8 subscription for access a convenient site with everything- great. Lots of people will do this.
But having to subscribe to several different sites? Even if the money was the same (which it won't be, it'll be 8x whatever) then its not worth the convenience. People will go back to torrents.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 01, 2018, 01:44:33 PM
Netflix does run Marvel movies from time to time.
the new ones won't be there, after Disney+.

TWD, are they the newest episodes or are they running 1-2 season back like Showcase for some other shows?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

They are a couple of months behind, only the latest, on going, season is missing right now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Holy shit what a movie. Best this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on December 04, 2018, 07:25:47 AM
Mission Impossible: Fallout

Holy shit what a movie. Best this year.

That movie was fantasically fun and my favorite of the year.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Yeah, Fallout was insane fun. Best popcorn flick of the year.

"Stupid silly Celed, so you thought we we're done? Here's another insane over-the-top action scene". That was my feeling throughout.

Syt

How many movies are there in the MI franchise now? I've only ever watched the first and thought it was ok-ish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2018, 07:39:35 AM

"Stupid silly Celed, so you thought we we're done? Here's another insane over-the-top action scene". That was my feeling throughout.

That sounds really boring. Literally.

Movies where the goal seems to be to cram as much over the top action scenes into a couple hours as possible bore me to tears after about the second one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

If Over-the-top action scenes were all it took to make a movie great, Die Hard 5 would be a classic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2018, 07:44:28 AM
How many movies are there in the MI franchise now? I've only ever watched the first and thought it was ok-ish.

:hmm: 6
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on December 04, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2018, 07:39:35 AM

That sounds really boring. Literally.

Movies where the goal seems to be to cram as much over the top action scenes into a couple hours as possible bore me to tears after about the second one.

I know, but they make it work. The scenes are creative and thrilling, not just CGI and bullet onslaughts. I can appreciate action if it's done well. Fury Road was rather thin in the plot department and it was just genius throughout.

There's also a healthy dosage of spy Scooby Doo twists, but those did feel a bit stale.

Liep

That motorcycle chase is one of the best chase scenes I've ever seen. I think Berkut might think of this is a Transformer-like movie which is the complete opposite in the over-the-top action genre.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Anyone that can watch the MI: Fallout's bathroom fight and be bored isn't human.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien