Author Topic: TV/Movies Megathread  (Read 1787277 times)

Josephus

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Defender of the Left
Re: TV/Movies Megathread
« Reply #40755 on: December 01, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »
Walking dead is on Netflix
"Every gun that's made; every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies a THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed and those who are cold and are not clothed.”....Dwight Eisenhower

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #40756 on: December 02, 2018, 12:27:18 pm »
A thought.
The more the online streaming market diversifies the less of an online streaming market there will be,.
Paying one £8 subscription for access a convenient site with everything- great. Lots of people will do this.
But having to subscribe to several different sites? Even if the money was the same (which it won't be, it'll be 8x whatever) then its not worth the convenience. People will go back to torrents.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

• Octogon Champion
  • Uncle Istvan
« Reply #40757 on: December 02, 2018, 05:40:40 pm »
Nightflyers tonite.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

• Octogon Champion
« Reply #40758 on: December 03, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »
Netflix does run Marvel movies from time to time.
the new ones won't be there, after Disney+.

TWD, are they the newest episodes or are they running 1-2 season back like Showcase for some other shows?
I need a sig.  My kingdom for a sig!

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #40759 on: December 04, 2018, 06:18:44 am »
They are a couple of months behind, only the latest, on going, season is missing right now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

• Russia is fake news
« Reply #40760 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:47 am »
Mission Impossible: Fallout

Holy shit what a movie. Best this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
  • Donald the Carpathian
« Reply #40761 on: December 04, 2018, 06:27:33 am »
Mission Impossible: Fallout

Holy shit what a movie. Best this year.

That movie was fantasically fun and my favorite of the year.
"Funk is wronger by a couple orders of magnitude"

"Statistics are like mini-skirts. They give you good ideas, but hide the most important things."

We all know Funk is part of the Shallow State.

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #40762 on: December 04, 2018, 06:39:35 am »
Yeah, Fallout was insane fun. Best popcorn flick of the year.

"Stupid silly Celed, so you thought we we're done? Here's another insane over-the-top action scene". That was my feeling throughout.

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40763 on: December 04, 2018, 06:44:28 am »
How many movies are there in the MI franchise now? I've only ever watched the first and thought it was ok-ish.
“Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. By true, I mean...false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the truth?

The answer is no.”

Berkut

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Getting ready to post on Languish
« Reply #40764 on: December 04, 2018, 06:55:04 am »

"Stupid silly Celed, so you thought we we're done? Here's another insane over-the-top action scene". That was my feeling throughout.

That sounds really boring. Literally.

Movies where the goal seems to be to cram as much over the top action scenes into a couple hours as possible bore me to tears after about the second one.
“If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven’t been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #40765 on: December 04, 2018, 07:03:59 am »
If Over-the-top action scenes were all it took to make a movie great, Die Hard 5 would be a classic.
You know I'm going to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it
Baby, I don't want to live forever.

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #40766 on: December 04, 2018, 07:36:17 am »
How many movies are there in the MI franchise now? I've only ever watched the first and thought it was ok-ish.

:hmm: 6
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #40767 on: December 04, 2018, 07:42:21 am »

That sounds really boring. Literally.

Movies where the goal seems to be to cram as much over the top action scenes into a couple hours as possible bore me to tears after about the second one.

I know, but they make it work. The scenes are creative and thrilling, not just CGI and bullet onslaughts. I can appreciate action if it's done well. Fury Road was rather thin in the plot department and it was just genius throughout.

There's also a healthy dosage of spy Scooby Doo twists, but those did feel a bit stale.

Liep

• Russia is fake news
« Reply #40768 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:26 am »
That motorcycle chase is one of the best chase scenes I've ever seen. I think Berkut might think of this is a Transformer-like movie which is the complete opposite in the over-the-top action genre.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

• Mussoloony
« Reply #40769 on: December 04, 2018, 11:11:28 am »
Anyone that can watch the MI: Fallout's bathroom fight and be bored isn't human.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien