News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I kinda miss watching kids shows with my kids.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on October 05, 2018, 07:36:02 AM
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

QuoteTHE MANDALORIAN FIRST IMAGE, DIRECTORS REVEALED

DETAILS EMERGE FOR LUCASFILM'S LIVE-ACTION SERIES HELMED BY JON FAVREAU.

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

Is this the Boba Fett movie that has been turned into a Tv show or something else?

Also, Taika Waititi directing? Wow. Didn't know that Bryce Dallas Howard directed, only knew her actress side.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2018, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2018, 07:14:00 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2018, 12:42:06 AM
So, while most of you don`t care about children`s programming....

My kids started watching Hilda on Netflix.  They were immediately entranced with it - like they have been very rarely before.  I quite enjoyed it too.

That's the Horse, right? My children are still too freaked out by the trailer to watch it.  :lol:

My son likes to watch Power Rangers.

:huh:

I don't think so.

It's about a girl who goes on adventures in a part-modern, part-magical world.

Malthus - do check it out.

Oh! I hadn't seen that one. Hasn't crossed their radar is my only guess.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2018, 10:30:23 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 05, 2018, 07:36:02 AM
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

QuoteTHE MANDALORIAN FIRST IMAGE, DIRECTORS REVEALED

DETAILS EMERGE FOR LUCASFILM'S LIVE-ACTION SERIES HELMED BY JON FAVREAU.

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

Is this the Boba Fett movie that has been turned into a Tv show or something else?

Also, Taika Waititi directing? Wow. Didn't know that Bryce Dallas Howard directed, only knew her actress side.

Something else. That armor is distinctive from the planet Mandalore :nerd:, it won't be the first character in Disney Star Wars stuff that wears one. 

Bryce Dallas Howard doesn't have a director resume, I guess she wants to try her hand at it and TV is actually a pretty common first step for actors crossing over to the directing side (they have much less responsibility in TV productions compared to a film).

Syt

I'm glad about Filoni's involvement. He created some amazing stories in Clone Wars and even more so in the last two seasons of Rebels.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Watched 1 and 1/2 episodes of Youtube's series "Sideswiped," about online dating.  Part of their pay service, first two shows are free as a teaser.  Not very interesting or funny, though the sister has a nice ass.

Admiral Yi

Watching The Winter War on Youtube.  Action scenes are decently done, if not up to modern standards.  One thing that cracks me up is how the guys jump in a sauna whenever they get a chance.

jimmy olsen

Holy shit, is the Greendale in this Sabrina reboot set in  Maine? 'Cause this show is channeling Stephen King as hard as it can! :o

https://youtu.be/ybKUX6thF8Q
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2018, 04:19:33 AM
Holy shit, is the Greendale in this Sabrina reboot set in  Maine? 'Cause this show is channeling Stephen King as hard as it can! :o

Well thats rather different to Nickelodeon
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2018, 04:19:33 AM

It's a slightly different tone than the 90s series, but I can't quite put my finger on it. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

The Shape of Water won best picture Oscar in 2017 and I'm sure not seeing it.

A silly frog/human love story and a juvenile cold war moral equivalence theme.  Meh.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2018, 02:25:01 AM

A silly frog/human love story and a juvenile cold war moral equivalence theme.  Meh.

As I said earlier, it was very well done; but by and large a King Kong remake
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Season 3 of the Man in the High Castle is out.

Only watched episode 1. My take aways are 1) they have turned up the uneasiness of watching a mature Nazi society exist 2) I don't know what this season will be about
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2018, 02:25:01 AM

I started to watch it but couldn't get into it, didn't watch very far into it.

Syt

Any thoughts on the season finale of Better Call Saul?
—Stephen Jay Gould