Author Topic: TV/Movies Megathread  (Read 1612705 times)

Tonitrus

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Blah
Re: TV/Movies Megathread
« Reply #40350 on: September 27, 2018, 06:12:40 am »
This is supposed to be the last season isnít it?

It also looks like they just decided to mostly give up on trying to make the B.B. characters look younger...which is probably for the best.

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #40351 on: September 27, 2018, 06:18:58 am »
This is supposed to be the last season isnít it?

It also looks like they just decided to mostly give up on trying to make the B.B. characters look younger...which is probably for the best.

Last season? How many episodes are left?

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40352 on: September 27, 2018, 06:33:55 am »
They've been renewed for a 5th season
Here in these streets are the things that we want: sex and birth, votes and traits, money and guilt, television and teddy bears. But all we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means.

KRonn

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
« Reply #40353 on: September 28, 2018, 08:14:20 pm »
The other possible scenario is that Jimmy forces her out somehow--he knows he's going over to the Dark Side, but doesn't want to take Kimmy with him. Remember Jimmy's not a bad person; he'll figure out she's got a great career in front of her and doesn't want her to end up like him. He'll either convince her of this; or, more likely, do something that forces her hand.

Yeah, good thoughts, that seems quite plausible. In some way he may be the one to end the relationship but how he does it could be "interesting", as you point out.

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40354 on: September 28, 2018, 11:23:19 pm »
There's also a good chance that he'll try to force her out but his scheme goes horribly wrong.
Here in these streets are the things that we want: sex and birth, votes and traits, money and guilt, television and teddy bears. But all we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means.

celedhring

• Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #40355 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05:15 am »
Episode 1 of the new season of The Good Place.

Funny/weird/charming as usual, but I'm totally not sure that sending them back to Earth, and erasing AGAIN their memories is a good setup for a 3rd season. Seems we've gone down this patch already in season 2, although I'm sure there will be twists galore.

The Larch

• Can I Be: Ottoman Empire
  • I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #40356 on: September 30, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
Yeah, I also feel that it's getting a bit repetitive and the start has been slightly slow. There's a first surprise by the end of the 2nd episode, though.

jimmy olsen

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40357 on: October 01, 2018, 12:08:28 am »
This dude looks like a literal clone of Bronson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxlQHlKlHTw
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40358 on: October 01, 2018, 12:38:46 am »
That is rather uncanny.

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #40359 on: October 01, 2018, 11:24:09 am »
Well that is just creepy.
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

grumbler

• Blessed by Valmy
  • I'll sleep when I'm dead
« Reply #40360 on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:32 pm »
Doesn't sound anything like Bronson, or it would be too creepy.   :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

crazy canuck

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #40361 on: October 02, 2018, 02:02:07 pm »
Death of Stalin - laugh out loud funny - which is a bit unfortunate because I was watching it on a plane.  Palin's performance was perfect and a well practiced role from his Python days.

Deadpool 2 - some really funny bits at the beginning and middle but the end really dragged on.  It was meant to be part of the humour but it seemed over the top self indulgent.  Although the scenes after the movie (during the credits - sort of) were very funny.  As a side note of sad irony, the stunt double for the actor who's superpower was luck died during filming one of the action scenes.  That particular scene was obviously left out.
"You don't get to support the modern Republican Party while decrying everything that the modern Republican Party actually DOES, and those are the very things that have resulted in Trump being the face, brain, and heart of the Republicans.

There was the possibility that this was not the case, that Trump was just this anomaly of the radical right - that there was room for sane, adult Republican leadership that would have to deal with Trump and his radicalized brownshirts while still holding to true to some core of their values. That did not happen though. Instead of the Party moderating Trump, they have embraced him 100%, and are doing their best to emulate him, and they are certainly following him faithfully.

The Republican Party *IS* Donald Trump now. Not because he made them so, but because they made HIM so."  - Berkut

celedhring

• Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #40362 on: October 04, 2018, 01:50:15 pm »
Amazon Prime Video Spain has just added NFL live games. That's... unexpected.

I actually watched quite a few of NFL back when I was in the US. Pity the time zone is so awful, but I might watch Colts - Pats tonight.

Grey Fox

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Ed Anger's tormentor
« Reply #40363 on: October 04, 2018, 01:50:58 pm »
Today!  ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

• Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #40364 on: October 04, 2018, 01:51:21 pm »
Today!

Timezone confused me. Yep, it's this evening!