And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 22, 2018, 05:49:32 PM
I miss the lesbian sex reports.  :(

Westworld season 2 episode 1 contained no lesbian sex, but was otherwise good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

City of Tiny Lights. Surprisingly ruthless private eye looks for missing hooker while being haunted by the past. Not horrible, but could have been 30 minutes shorter. Also, [spoiler]drugs and terrorism are only smokescreens that hide the true evil afflicting Britain today: gentrification. This and American gubbermint folks running around in Britain being semi-evil may not be everyone's cup of tea.[/spoiler] Needed more Billie Piper. Note: no lesbian sex.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Caught chunks of the two first episodes of Howard's End, the miniseries.  The two female leads are easy on the eyes, but I'm having a helluva time following the dialogue.  Very rapid and very quiet.

Eddie Teach

The Horse Soldiers. John Wayne leads a Yankee raid through Louisiana and butts heads with Dr William Holden. It was ok.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: 11B4V on April 23, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
Anyone seen Hostiles?
I saw it.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Very nicely shot with some solid performances.  I'd recommend it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Gups

Loving the new series of High Maintenance (it's only just been released in the UK, may have been in the States for a while).

11B4V

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 24, 2018, 12:04:36 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 23, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
Anyone seen Hostiles?
I saw it.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Very nicely shot with some solid performances.  I'd recommend it.

Thanks
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

The Invitation. Couple is invited to a dinner party and the hosts claim to be practicing a way to overcome grief and loss. Decent. I didn't know exactly what kind of movie it was when I started watching it, which is always a good thing. [spoiler]The last scene is silly and unnecessary, but not a dealbreaker.[/spoiler] Note: there is almost no lesbian sex.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on April 24, 2018, 02:07:46 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 24, 2018, 01:37:26 PM
Note: there is almost no lesbian sex.

Define "almost"

[spoiler]There is some lesbian tongue-in-mouth.[/spoiler]

Liep

Avengers Infinity War (2018)

Awesome.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Anyone watching The Terror on AMC? Supernatural account of the Franklin Expedition. Absolutely no lesbians...but a bit of gay stuff  (it does take place on two ships full of men stranded in the Arctic after all)

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Quote from: Liep on April 23, 2018, 06:41:39 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 22, 2018, 05:49:32 PM
I miss the lesbian sex reports.  :(

Westworld season 2 episode 1 contained no lesbian sex, but was otherwise good.

It's getting very interesting, some big changes happened by the end of the first season, continuing into the second season.
[spoiler] I'm cheering for the "hosts", be interesting to see how that all progresses with them. They made a lot of finds about the world they live in just in the first season. [/spoiler]

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
Anyone watching The Terror on AMC? Supernatural account of the Franklin Expedition. Absolutely no lesbians...but a bit of gay stuff  (it does take place on two ships full of men stranded in the Arctic after all)

I stumbled upon the first episode while in the US, I thought it was a historical period drama.

Or is the supernatural premise Caesar and Brutus hanging out in the arctic?