Josquius

Death of stalin - very very good. I love cockney gangster stalin :lol:

Though Yorkshire Zhukov :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Yorkie Zhukov was awesome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Frankenstein Chronicles: Good so far.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

frunk

Beerfest - A movie with tons of cheap gags, but [spoiler]when Landfill dies and is replaced by his identical twin brother from Texas[/spoiler] I laughed and laughed.  They knew it was a cheap move and played it up, including having [spoiler]the twin say "just call me Landfill, it'll be easier and it's what he would have wanted"[/spoiler].

I'm through the first 10 eps of S2 of Jessica Jones, and I think it's better than S1.  Hopefully the last three will hold up.

Josquius

S2 of Jessica Jones... Yeah. It's.... Very lacking in direction. I'm near the end now and I'm dissapointed. Its not awful by any means but compared to the best thing ever quality of s1....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

As an "accomplishment"...

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/20/black-panther-most-tweeted-movie-all-time/

QuoteBlack Panther is the most-tweeted-about movie of all time

Black Panther won't stop setting records. Ryan Coogler's film had the highest February opening weekend ever, and is on course to become the highest-grossing solo superhero movie ever. It has topped the box office for five straight weeks and counting, and now fans' adulation for Black Panther has also cemented it as the most tweeted-about movie of all time.

With more than 35 million tweets, Black Panther has generated more Twitter comments than any other movie, the platform announced Tuesday. Before its release, the record-holders were two recent Star Wars movies (The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi). Though the character of Black Panther was first introduced in 1966, he didn't become a household name until his introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with 2016's Captain America: Civil War. Now that the Wakandan king has gotten his own spotlight, Black Panther is generating more discussions than one of the 20th century's most famous Hollywood franchises.

Breaking the data down further, the most-used Black Panther-related hashtags are #BlackPanther, #WakandaForever, and #Wakanda, according to Twitter. The most discussed characters are Chadwick Boseman's titular hero, Michael B. Jordan's antihero Killmonger, and Letitia Wright's young genius Shuri. The most-retweeted tweets about the film are rapper Kendrick Lamar's reveal of the soundtrack tracklist he curated, a video of kids trying to buy tickets using a very Vincent Adultman-style trench coat disguise, and former First Lady Michelle Obama's praise for the film.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Freaking Twitter.  :x

Anyway I will see that movie at some point. It sounds like it should be in the theater for awhile!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

What garbon said. That's pretty standard MO for Comedy Central's animation.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

So is it a sign of how hard Annihilation crashed and burned that it is available on Netflix?

edit: Or looking that that's how it was solely distributed outside the US, I guess their estimation on how well it would do?

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2018, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2018, 03:57:21 PM
Holy hell :o

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/rick-and-morty-season-4-not-renewed/

No more Rick and Morty :(

Hasn't been ordered doesn't necessarily mean it won't be, no?

I guess with animation there is less need to get them done fast, we've had big gaps between series of some animation in the past.
But seems very odd something so huge wouldn't have been renewed before the 3rd series was even done.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2018, 01:20:14 PM
So is it a sign of how hard Annihilation crashed and burned that it is available on Netflix?

edit: Or looking that that's how it was solely distributed outside the US, I guess their estimation on how well it would do?

The second. Paramount cut their losses.

That said, I think it did reasonably well at the US box office given how difficult a film it is.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 21, 2018, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2018, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2018, 03:57:21 PM
Holy hell :o

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/rick-and-morty-season-4-not-renewed/

No more Rick and Morty :(

Hasn't been ordered doesn't necessarily mean it won't be, no?

I guess with animation there is less need to get them done fast, we've had big gaps between series of some animation in the past.
But seems very odd something so huge wouldn't have been renewed before the 3rd series was even done.

From your same site.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/rick-and-morty-season-4-reaction/

QuoteCalm TF Down: 'Rick and Morty' Season 4 Is Almost Certainly Going to Happen

Those familiar with Adult Swim will know that the network is never in any rush to push out new seasons of its best shows. There was an 18-month hiatus between seasons two and three, so an extended period between season three and four would not be anything out of the ordinary.

Adult Swim's The Venture Bros. is another highly popular show that has made fans wait up to two-and-a-half years between seasons in the past.

In addition to the network's highly irregular airing dates, this shouldn't have come as a surprise to devoted fans after show writer Ryan Ridley alluded to exactly what Harmon had tweeted two months prior.

Speaking in an interview with The Detroit Cast radio station, Ridley said: "I know how long this show takes to write, let alone animate. I'd be surprised if there was a fourth season on the air anytime sooner than 2019... late 2019."

Ridley continued by lamenting, "I never understood why everybody—all parties, Dan, Justin, and Adult Swim—didn't get their shit together, and make the show fast."

So, when taking Adult Swim's propensity to drag their feet, Ridley's comments from January, and the fact that Harmon's tweet was in response to a "fan" that called him a "lazy alcoholic," there is enough circumstantial evidence to conclude that season four is most likely happening, albeit not anytime soon.

Rick and Morty is one of Adult Swim's biggest hits right now and it wouldn't make any business sense to cut off its rabid fanbase at the peak of the show's existence.

The most likely scenario is that Rick and Morty is renewed for season 4 at some point in the future and work will slowly start on writing and animating. Ridley's timeline of a mid to late 2019 premiere is perfectly in line with this theory.

frunk

Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2018, 07:29:39 AM
S2 of Jessica Jones... Yeah. It's.... Very lacking in direction. I'm near the end now and I'm dissapointed. Its not awful by any means but compared to the best thing ever quality of s1....

I much prefer S2.  Killgrave was entertaining and I love Tennant, but the character was thoroughly one dimensional.  I think he would have been better as the big bad for half a season or less.

The A plot was a lot more compelling as Jessica faced genuinely tough choices.  The B Trish plot flagged a bit, but provided a nice counterpoint.  The C plot w. Carrie-Ann Moss was nicely brutal and hit me the hardest in a season where [spoiler]Jessica contemplated killing her mother and had to deal with Trish actually doing it[/spoiler].