News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2018, 04:47:39 PM
The Ken Burns Vietnam documentary was on the telly. Apparently a bunch of weirdos in the administration hurled America into a foreign adventure for poor reasons. A scary thought. :o

That's implausible, if it did happen, they wouldn't repeat the same mistake again; besides democratic states tend learn from their errors.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

BuddhaRhubarb

watched a cute/sad first season of an irish show about two drunk young Irish gals, well one's a drunk, and it's funny til it's sad. called 'I can't cope, won't cope'. at first i thought from the title they ripped off my life story, but alas i was never so pretty. :p
:p

Eddie Teach

The Last Jedi. Lots of fun.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders. Lots of fun, looking forward season 5 and the season arc that's been hinted at.

Pity about [spoiler]Alfie Solomon's death. Tom Hardy was a riot in that role.[/spoiler]

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2018, 04:47:39 PM
The Ken Burns Vietnam documentary was on the telly. Apparently a bunch of weirdos in the administration hurled America into a foreign adventure for poor reasons. A scary thought. :o

That's implausible, if it did happen, they wouldn't repeat the same mistake again; besides democratic states tend learn from their errors.

Yeah really. Our countries never did such things, they learned from the first failures not to repeat the same mistakes.....  ;)

The Brain

Recently there's been a lot of Lindsay Lohan movies on the telly. Tonight it was the one where her mom marries NCIS and they do a Chinese Prahka Lasa. I like Lindsay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I like Mean Girls. Can't think of anything else worthwhile she's done.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Halfway through The Fall season 3. It's still very well written and magnificently acted, but [spoiler]after they caught the killer at the end of season 2[/spoiler], it doesn't feel like the show has many places left to go, and they're stretching the thing.

The Brain

Seinfeld is on the telly. The episode where Elaine asks her boyfriend who has the same name as a murderer to change his name to OJ.

citizen k

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on January 13, 2018, 09:06:24 PM
called 'I can't cope, won't cope'.

Sounds like a Samuel Beckett title.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on January 17, 2018, 11:39:40 AM
Seinfeld is on the telly. The episode where Elaine asks her boyfriend who has the same name as a murderer to change his name to OJ.

That's such a great show. Great fit with the cast and writers.

Tonitrus

Watching Stranger Things/2.

Man, Sean Astin and Paul Reiser have gotten old and sodded. 

The Brain

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

^_^

Gups

Been working my way through Inside No 9 on BBC. Dark comedy by Steve Pemberton and Reece Sheersmith.  Each episode is unique, quality varying from good to superb.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

Yeah, but watch the new season of X-Files, Duchovny and Anderson have really aged, even since last season.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011