News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: frunk on September 20, 2017, 10:25:18 AM
The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse (1938), a very silly movie played far too straight, featuring Edward G. Robinson and Humphrey Bogart.   EGR is the eponymous doctor who decides to research the medical effects of crime and goes on a robbery spree in order to study the effect on himself.  The capstone of his research is when he murders one of his partners in crime (Bogart).

Throughout Dr. Clitterhouse is treated sympathetically despite his monstrous activities.  The crazy goes up to 11 at the trial, when he insists that the book of his research is sane and could not have been written by an insane man.  The jury, rather spontaneously and apparently without deliberating, declares the doctor not guilty by reason of insanity.  After all, what sane man would insist that he was sane when he could get away with murder by claiming to be insane?

How catchy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

That reminds me of a series I just watched about the capture of the Unabomber. In the end he pleads guilty to avoid his lawyers pursuing an insanity defense.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Anybody else get a boner when the blond chick at the 88 shows up in Downfall?

Just me...ok.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I googled "blond chick 88 downfall" and got no boner.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2017, 10:21:49 PM

Use "hitler youth 88 downfall".

Ed is being kinda Seigy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2017, 09:57:48 PM
Anybody else get a boner when the blond chick at the 88 shows up in Downfall?

Just me...ok.

And Yi gives me shit for tired ass memes.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 20, 2017, 10:30:39 PM

Ed is being kinda Seigy.

No need.  I got a hit with blond chick 88 downfall.

frunk

Quote from: katmai on September 20, 2017, 08:29:25 PM
Spoilers you ass

80 year old movie that most of you either will never watch or have already seen?  I'll do it, but doesn't seem that critical.

Eddie Teach

I think he was talking to me about the dramatization of 20 year old news story.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 20, 2017, 10:30:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2017, 10:21:49 PM

Ed is being kinda Seigy.

Bite me
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Star Trek Discovery is coming out on Sunday.  Cautiously optimistic. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Alien Covenant- Not good at all. I was expecting a sequel to Prometheus, it was so obviously set up to not even be a true sequel but rather a full 2 part movie. Instead we get this weird time jumpy poor homage to the original alien with large dashes of Prometheus.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".