Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Gups

No chance of an election before October.  Sunak won't resign. Garage, I'm not sure. I think he wants to move into the Tory party but who knowss

PJL

Quote from: Admiral Yi on Today at 05:28:20 PMWhat political space is Farrage trying to occupy now that Brexit is done?

That's the point, Brexit isn't done, or least the in the way Farrage / Reform are arguing it should be done. They would fix it better than the Tories. And I kind of get their point, Brexit was about taking back control and prioritising the home market for many, not surrendering all our advantages in trade deals to countries like Australia, just for the sake of 'Global Britain'. Of course the best way to solve it would be to create a fairer system to alleviate the feeling of wanting to 'keep up with the Joneses'.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Gups on Today at 05:29:29 PMNo chance of an election before October.  Sunak won't resign. Garage, I'm not sure. I think he wants to move into the Tory party but who knowss
I know it's mad - but I genuinely wonder how much is just ego. If he gets to October Sunak can at least say he served as PM for two years.

QuoteAlternatively I reckon he'll resign as PM/Tory leader after the local elections, but only if he feels that there is a consensus for a caretaker PM to lead the final 6 months or so to at least steady the ship and least recover something from the inevitable defeat. My money is Gove being that caretaker PM, Nobody likes him, but he fits the bill as being somewhat competent and a safe pair of hands to lead the party. Furthermore he didn't contest the last leadership election and hence has no permanent ambition to be PM, and also he has a safe seat.
*CANADA 93 INTENSIFIES*
Let's bomb Russia!