And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2023, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 19, 2023, 01:36:41 AM
Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2022, 03:08:46 PMDoes the new software have an option to implement spoiler blocks? It's a pretty handy feature, IMO.

Do we have any chance of getting them back? It would be awesome for discussion of ongoing TV shows. :)

Use the colour white tags

Doesn't do much good when the text is subsequently quoted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Or if you are using dark mode. :P

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2023, 03:41:23 PMDoesn't do much good when the text is subsequently quoted.

Exactly. :) Or if you use a board style that has posts alternating in white and light grey background.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

I can't access Languish on my main PC using Firefox or Vivaldi (sometimes).

The connection has timed out
The server at www.languish.org is taking too long to respond.

It works fine on my HTPC using Firefox, same extensions, same configuration.
No adblockers, no cookie erasers. I've changed the privacy settings to allow cookies for Languish, but same problem, I can't access the site since this morning.  No change in my setup since I went to bed yesterday night.

I managed to briefly access the site with Vivaldi after flushing the DNS cache, but I can't anymore after rebooting.  Works fine on Edge, with an adblocker extension.

Tried clearing the cache, no change either.

I don't understand what's going on.

Edit:
Ah, as I am typing this, after multiple refresh, Vivaldi was able to connect to the site.  No dice with FF.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2023, 05:58:05 PMEdit:
Ah, as I am typing this, after multiple refresh, Vivaldi was able to connect to the site.  No dice with FF.

Are you using Firefox's secure DNS?  It's possible Firefox is trying to use DNSSEC to resolve the domain name, but the resolution is failing because (apparently, I just checked) languish,org isn't properly configured for DNSSEC.

If you are using Firefox DNS, you can add languish.org as an exception and it should work again.  I'll see about properly configuring DNSSEC this weekend so this isn't necessary (and because I should).

viper37

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 06, 2023, 08:17:38 AM
Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2023, 05:58:05 PMEdit:

Are you using Firefox's secure DNS?  It's possible Firefox is trying to use DNSSEC to resolve the domain name, but the resolution is failing because (apparently, I just checked) languish,org isn't properly configured for DNSSEC.

If you are using Firefox DNS, you can add languish.org as an exception and it should work again.  I'll see about properly configuring DNSSEC this weekend so this isn't necessary (and because I should).
My DNS settings were set to default in FF.
"Firefox decides when to use secure DNS to protect your privacy.
Use secure DNS in regions where it's available
Use your default DNS resolver if there is a problem with the secure DNS provider
Use a local provider, if possible
Learn more
Turn off when VPN, parental control, or enterprise policies are active
Turn off when a network tells Firefox it shouldn't use secure DNS
"

I don't know if you did anything, but it is working now from my home computer.

Otherwise, I am using this for DNS:
https://1.1.1.1/dns/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Moldy, refreshing been pretty slow lately.

As always I remain,

Deeply thankful of your effort.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 26, 2023, 08:58:20 PMMoldy, refreshing been pretty slow lately.

As always I remain,

Deeply thankful of your effort.

Might be something on your end, seems fine to me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I haven't seen any issues myself, either, but I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

jimmy olsen

Is our Discord down?

Edit: Seems to be back up already
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien