News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

It's false for a reason :lol: 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

OK serious question:

I agreed to take my kids to the Oilers watch party tonight.  The Oilers game is in Los Angeles, but we're going to the arena to watch the game on the jumbotron.  Tickets are sold out it should be fairly raucous even though we're only watching the tv broadcast.

I didn't realize however that the Jets are playing at the exact same time! :o

So obviously I'm still taking my kids because I said I would.

But the question is - would I be a tool if I wore my Jets jersey?

You see it sometimes at live games - that guy who is wearing a jersey of neither of the teams that is actually playing.  The arena staff will often do a "lost fan" bit where they put that person up on the jumbotron during a TV time out.

But given that it's the playoffs, that the Jets are playing at the same time, and that it's only a watch party - can I pull it off?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Lawyer beaten and left in an alley, News at 11
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on Today at 02:05:14 PMLawyer beaten and left in an alley, News at 11

See that's the last thing I'd worry about.  I've worn a Jets jersey to Rogers Place lots of time - when the Jets are the visiting team.  It's actually fun - never really been hassled, I'm definitely not the only one (lots of us Toban expats out in Alberta).

Just more wondering about wearing it when the Jets aren't even playing - but then again it's only a watch party to begin with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.