And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

I KNEW THEY ARE PLOTTING SOMETHING.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2024, 12:02:55 PMAt Columbia University protests continue and Jewish students were told to stay home.  They're now doing remote learning this week.  It's Passover and Jews are forced to hide.  Again.

All students were told to stay home, not just Jewish students.  The whole campus went remote.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Actually Jewish students were specifically warned to stay home because campus was not safe, by an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi who works there. The later cancellation of all in person classes occurred after that.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 22, 2024, 08:50:14 PMActually Jewish students were specifically warned to stay home because campus was not safe, by an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi who works there. The later cancellation of all in person classes occurred after that.

The statements and actions of random individuals does not constitute university policy.  The university can cancel classes.  Random rabbi cannot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2024, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 22, 2024, 08:50:14 PMActually Jewish students were specifically warned to stay home because campus was not safe, by an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi who works there. The later cancellation of all in person classes occurred after that.

The statements and actions of random individuals does not constitute university policy.  The university can cancel classes.  Random rabbi cannot.
And?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Your post made it sound like Colombia told them to stay home.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 22, 2024, 10:15:34 PMYour post made it sound like Colombia told them to stay home.

The two are easy to confuse.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Slogans heard at Columbia:

"We say justice, you say how? Burn Tel Aviv to the ground!"

"Al-Qassam you make us proud! Take another soldier out!"

"Hamas, we love you! We support your rockets, too!"

"Red, black, green, and white, we support Hamas' fight!"

"It is right to rebel, al-Qassam, give them hell!

Not that catchy, but Josq has told me that nobody supports Hamas.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2024, 06:03:22 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 22, 2024, 12:56:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2024, 12:08:02 PMHarassment of Jewish students in NYC. "Never forget the 7th of October. That will happen not one more time, not five more times, not 10...100...1000...10,000...The 7th of October is going to be every day for you."
https://twitter.com/jonasydu/status/1781178975147917797

"this must be understood in context, it's not black and white, and antizionism is not antisemitism."

Homophobia and racism aren't the same thing .
You can still be a racist homophobe.
Which one is antizionism more like, homophobia or racism?

I bet you think this captain literal thing is clever.
But I'm glad that you seem to get the point that not everything you dislike is the same thing and that people can have more than one label.

QuoteNot that catchy, but Josq has told me that nobody supports Hamas.
Go on then. Show me where I did. Roll out the gotcha.
Odds are good you're again being quite Draxian or are throwing something out of context.
██████
██████
██████

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2024, 09:52:47 PM

No one said otherwise. Raz stated that Jewish students were told to stay off campus—and they were.

DGuller

It's very misleading, though.  Just because some dude told the Jewish students to stay home doesn't mean that the dude had good reasons to do so.  And just because Columbia told all students to stay home in human usage of English doesn't mean that Columbia told Jewish students to stay home. 

Yes, technically they told Jewish students to stay home, just like they told antisemitic students to stay home, and just like they told all transgender students to stay home.  However, the common usage of English is different from how it's used in logic, and when you use a qualifying detail, it is presumed that it's not superfluous.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on Today at 07:54:26 AMIt's very misleading, though.  Just because some dude told the Jewish students to stay home doesn't mean that the dude had good reasons to do so.  And just because Columbia told all students to stay home in human usage of English doesn't mean that Columbia told Jewish students to stay home. 

Yes, technically they told Jewish students to stay home, just like they told antisemitic students to stay home, and just like they told all transgender students to stay home.  However, the common usage of English is different from how it's used in logic, and when you use a qualifying detail, it is presumed that it's not superfluous.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.