News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I know Mark Carney is a smart guy, and very capable, but he really strikes me as Michael Ignatieff v 2.0 as a federal politician.

I mean you can pretty much just copy and paste the opposition ads from Ignatieff's era.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2024, 08:59:17 PMI know Mark Carney is a smart guy, and very capable, but he really strikes me as Michael Ignatieff v 2.0 as a federal politician.

I mean you can pretty much just copy and paste the opposition ads from Ignatieff's era.
I know the Cons are going to try that, especially with Poilièvre.

But I don't think it's going to stick with Carney, he seems harder to destabilize than Ignatieff was.

It's still the Libs, mind you.

I don't think he'll run right now anyway, he'll wait for Trudeau to get defeated first.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2024, 08:59:17 PMI know Mark Carney is a smart guy, and very capable, but he really strikes me as Michael Ignatieff v 2.0 as a federal politician.

That might work for people who don't remember that he was the governor of the bank of Canada.