News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Watched some DS9 last night. It struck me that the show started over 30 years ago.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on Today at 07:45:20 AMWatched some DS9 last night. It struck me that the show started over 30 years ago.

It struck you....as in watching it you realise "Man the filming and stylistic decisions made here are really dated. You can tell how old it is." or it struck you as in you suddenly feel old and mortal?

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

It's a shame Lower Decks is ending.

On the one hand it's a cartoon - they could run that show seemingly forever.

But on the other hand was one of the nice things about it was that they gave character arcs to the characters, but as they've all become more fully rounded characters there's not really anywhere else for them to go - and presumably at some point they just aren't lower deckers anymore.

On  amore general point it seems clear there's no one "in charge" of the brand, and hasn't been for a long time.  Originally you had Roddenberry of course, then later on Rick Berman.  So instead you've had several pretty strong changes in directions - from the Kelvin timeline films, to going animated, to the Disco and Picard - but none of them really fit in together in any coherent way.  And now of course they're doing it again.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on Today at 06:15:34 AMIt's being replace.

Discovery and Lower Decks are ending, Strange New Worlds will continue. A Paramount+ movie(District 31) and a new show(Starfleet Academy) will replace them in 2025.

There are also theatrical movies rumors.

Fair enough, the Section 31 project has been around for so long that I assumed it was a zombie project by this point.

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: HVC on Today at 07:45:20 AMWatched some DS9 last night. It struck me that the show started over 30 years ago.

It struck you....as in watching it you realise "Man the filming and stylistic decisions made here are really dated. You can tell how old it is." or it struck you as in you suddenly feel old and mortal?

The being old bit :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.