News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Canadian Netflix never lost the older treks (enterprise and before). Uk could be rhe same Maybe you just isn't noticed the old ones?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Quote from: Josquius on April 06, 2024, 06:44:14 PMI noticed DS9 too.

Prodigy I have t watched past episode one. Does it get decent?

The first episodes were rough to sit through. It got a lot better IMHO with the double episode (ep. 7/8 or 8/9?).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on April 06, 2024, 11:21:38 PM

The first episodes were rough to sit through. It got a lot better IMHO with the double episode (ep. 7/8 or 8/9?).

prodigy gets better indeed, it's still a kids show, but at least it's a good one

crazy canuck

I gave up on it about four or five episodes in when it became clear that it was written as a kid show.  If you were looking for some thing along the lines of bad batch, give it a miss.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 07, 2024, 08:50:42 PM

I gave up on it about four or five episodes in when it became clear that it was written as a kid show.  If you were looking for some thing along the lines of bad batch, give it a miss.

That is also true.

Josquius

The closest possible comparison to me was Avatar The Last Airbender. Its a kids show which starts poorly but gets decent as time goes on.
With Prodigy though I'm unsettled as its not creating a new simple kids world. Its plonking this kid friendly stuff in a already established, and different to what we see on screen, universe.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

OK episode with some good moments. I like Ambassador Saru and his Vulcan gf. :)

Also chuckled at the scene where [minor spoiler] the symbiont consciousness in Culber's body says, "This guy works out!"

Well ... yeah :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Lower decks will end after 5 season

I liked that show.  I would have gladly taken a few more seasons of that rather than one more Disco.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2024, 07:01:28 PM

Barrister loves it, I believe.
I don't like the animation.

Just saw this.

I love Lower Decks.  Prodigy left me cold though - it is written purely as a kids show. And not as a kids show that adults can also love.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on April 12, 2024, 05:52:14 PMLower decks will end after 5 season

I liked that show.  I would have gladly taken a few more seasons of that rather than one more Disco.

Aww. Hopefully strange new worlds goes on for a while at least.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2024, 07:26:07 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2024, 07:01:28 PM

Barrister loves it, I believe.
I don't like the animation.

Just saw this.

I love Lower Decks.  Prodigy left me cold though - it is written purely as a kids show. And not as a kids show that adults can also love.
Ah.  I was mistaken then, sorry.  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

So, the Trek revival is being killed? Haven't been its biggest fan, but I have enjoyed some of it. I like having Trek around.