News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Speaking of the roads, today was my best record yet.  It took me 2.5 hours to cover 10 miles to drive home from my dentist appointment in Brooklyn.  It wasn't even because of any accidents or road closures, it was just piss poor traffic management.  NYC has a lot of good things, but at the same time it's also an utter ungoverned shithole with no redeeming qualities.

HVC

Nobody drives in NY, too much traffic
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2021, 07:20:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2021, 12:23:33 PM
Spent the day at Southwark Cathedral where a panel of female authors gave talks on Tudor women. Got to finally see and speak to Alison Weir whose biography of Elizabeth was one of my first sparks of interest in history. :)

:cool:

Yes it's invariable cool when one gets to speak with a favourite author.

Continuing the history tour, I saw Dan Jones at a talk for his new book tonight in Kensington. £5 bought entrance to talk and a glass of wine. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2021, 02:52:59 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2021, 07:20:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2021, 12:23:33 PM
Spent the day at Southwark Cathedral where a panel of female authors gave talks on Tudor women. Got to finally see and speak to Alison Weir whose biography of Elizabeth was one of my first sparks of interest in history. :)

Yes it's invariable cool when one gets to speak with a favourite author.

Continuing the history tour, I saw Dan Jones at a talk for his new book tonight in Kensington. £5 bought entrance to talk and a glass of wine. :cool:

That's one of those things I miss from not living in London any more or any other city for that matter.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Literary episode at my karaoke hang.

I head out for a smoke after a song, i come back, and one of the soccer moms in a group of 10 next to me leaves me a note on her credit card receipt.

"For a good band bang! Calll me Doris [heart] XXX XXX XXXX"

Trippy

DGuller

I hope you corrected her atrocious grammar. :unsure:

The Brain

I talked to her briefly. She seems nice. Go for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2021, 02:59:26 AM

I head out for a smoke after a song, i come back, and one of the soccer moms in a group of 10 next to me leaves me a note on her credit card receipt.

"For a good band bang! Calll me Doris [heart] [deleted]"

Trippy

So are you going to call her?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Depends.  Do you want a good bang?

Syt

Considering this forum is visible to the public and  we have hundreds of anonymous visitors all the time, I'm not sure posting someone's phone number here is a good idea.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2021, 11:34:49 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2021, 02:59:26 AM

[spoiler]"  [1973]          Expletive  Deleted       [/1973]    "[/spoiler]

Trippy

So are you going to call her?

BB, now all you need to do is edit out the number in your quoting to follow Syt/Yi's lead.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller