Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Was the fire department called?  They usually like to know these things even if not needed to put it out.

Admiral Yi

mongers

96 minutes ago I stepped outside to see the ISS go over, not seen it that bright before, almost on the verge of a 'zircon flash' it looked like a fantasy multi-point star.

And just as it was heading off east a small shooting star shot by it in my field of view.

Just off out to see it pass over again.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

I went and got a haircut yesterday.  Wore a mask the entire time (as did the person cutting my hair).

Pro-tip - masks can catch a lot of hairs in them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2020, 11:26:06 AM
I went and got a haircut yesterday.  Wore a mask the entire time (as did the person cutting my hair).

Pro-tip - masks can catch a lot of hairs in them.

I got a hair cut a few weeks ago when the barber shops opened back up. I wore a mask, the barbers had masks, safety glasses and a type of medical gown/covering. After it they entered my phone# in a book for contact tracing. They had been open for a couple weeks and had been mobbed with customers. Several hundred which is way more than usual. During the shutdown they made it through by using savings but it was tough. I know both barbers who run the shop. They do haircuts by appointment and customers wait their turn outside.

Barrister

I don't make a habit of it, but today I got an Egg McMuffin and coffee on my way to work.

I asked for a decaf black, but there's definitely some sugar in my coffee.   :x
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I replaced a toilet seat for the first time in my life (the old one was not very nice anymore). That I, a person who is absolutely shit at any handiwork, was able to do it by myself without any extra tools shows how far we've come as a species. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2020, 05:19:26 AM
I replaced a toilet seat for the first time in my life (the old one was not very nice anymore). That I, a person who is absolutely shit at any handiwork, was able to do it by myself without any extra tools shows how far we've come as a species. :P

I can imagine the scene; the 2001 theme music blaring out and the triumphant throwing of the spanner in the air once the seat was correctly fitted  :cool:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 03, 2020, 05:45:31 AM

I can imagine the scene; the 2001 theme music blaring out and the triumphant throwing of the spanner in the air once the seat was correctly fitted  :cool:

Save the Zarathustra theme for the first turd hitting the water. :)

The Brain

Today my FLGS is giving me same day delivery when I ordered at 12:40 even though they only guarantee it for orders placed before 11:00.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 03, 2020, 06:14:38 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 03, 2020, 05:45:31 AM

Save the Zarathustra theme for the first turd hitting the water. :)

No reason why that couldn't happen simultaneously.

Syt

When I went for the Covid lab test today I walked past the French embassy. I normally pass it on my way to work, and the lab is near our office. We've been working from home for over two months, so I haven't been there in a while.

Normally, there's a police guard in front of the entrance. Sometimes they're replaced by a soldier, usually when police is low on resources.

Today there were two soldiers in full tactical gear and Steyr AUG rifles, a rather unusual sight in Vienna. :ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould