And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Where is today's chapter, I was looking forward to it all day. :mad:

The Brain

Today my train home was cancelled so they herded us into a bus like so many resettling Jews. Two ladies behind me talked the whole 90 minute trip. They were hot so I forgave them.

When I got home I had a muffin from the supermarket.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Syt

My ticket (first row, balcony center) for the Easter Sunday performance of Wagner's Parsifal at the State Opera has arrived.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

There was a gay man on the bus today.

Shut up. Everyone is a fucking comedian these days. <_<

Caliga

Today Princesca and I went to the "Kentucky Crafted" fair at the state fairgrounds, which is supposed to be for Kentucky vendors to showcase their wares.  For some reason there were vendors there from as far away as south Georgia, though. :huh:

We met up with a guy who has a dairy just down the road from us and makes his own cheese, plus offers his own grass-fed beef and bacon.  He is going to give us: a free sample package. :cool:

We also bought a jar of cranberry mustard (who'd have thought those two things go so well together?) from a dude from Montgomery, West Virginia, some vegan umami soup base stuff from a vendor here in Louisville, and a bottle of KICKASS hickory BBQ sauce from a guy down in Bowling Greene.  Helpful hint for the ignorant Euros: when picking a BBQ sauce, always bet on black.  Awwww, NIGGGGAAAH.

When I got home I sprayed Immunox on my apples and went down into the woods to look for maples, since Princesca was bugging me to see if we have any we can tap for syrup.  I didn't find any, but I found a black walnut tree I didn't know we had, as well as another fossil bed at the base of one of the junipers. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

My new internets is up. 15MB.

Farewell AT&T DSL. You served me well for 12 years. But 3MB down speed just didn't cut it anymore.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I have AT&T DSL.  It is slow, but it's reliable.  When we had Insight cable the fucking signal dropped all the time. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2011, 01:28:47 PM
I have AT&T DSL.  It is slow, but it's reliable.  When we had Insight cable the fucking signal dropped all the time. :mad:

Time Warner will FEEL MY WRATH if this shit doesn't stay up.

Barrister

My internet was pretty stable - as long as some fucknut didn't go and cut the main fibre cable connecting us to the rest of the world.

And yes - that has happened several times. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on March 19, 2011, 02:15:00 PM
My internet was pretty stable - as long as some fucknut didn't go and cut the main fibre cable connecting us to the rest of the world.

hey, I'd go to that much trouble to cut off the latest Jets updates too.

The Brain

Grinning_Colossus

I found a lost dog wandering around in the Rio Hondo riverbed while I was on my evening bike ride. I called Animal Control and continued on my way.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 19, 2011, 02:21:58 PM

Well just start digging along the side of the Alaska Highway.  Apparently the fibre is only buried 6" or something. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on March 19, 2011, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 19, 2011, 02:21:58 PM

Well just start digging along the side of the Alaska Highway.  Apparently the fibre is only buried 6" or something. <_<

Then they probably get cut by fornicating bison.