News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Threviel on September 05, 2021, 11:38:45 AM
We took the camper to a small lake in the neighbourhood to fish, my boy has recently found a fishing interest. We spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning fishing which.

Now, I'm the son of a fisherman brought up in a fishing village by the sea, so sweet water fishing with rods is quite new to me, this trip was the family's first real attempt at fishing.

Late Saturday, after putting the kids to sleep I caught some tiny fish, too small to see what it was. And in the morning my boy woke up and ran out and started fishing. No luck.

After a while my 4-year old daughter started to be an annoyance so me and her walked a bit to the side and threw some throws together. I'm theowing and she's reeling and often we catch the bottom. Until one time we don't. It feels like the bottom and I'm hingry and tired so I lightly berate her for reeling too slow. But suddenly there's a splash, it's a fish. And a big one. The whole family gathers as we haul in a pike weighing 3 kg. Big one and the first real fish we've ever caught.

I made some fish burgers out of it and damn, it was delicious.

Very :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 05, 2021, 05:57:41 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 26, 2011, 09:38:30 AM
The two young chicks manning my local Thai today would make the Languish yellow fever population mastrubtate fuirolsy.

Update?

I haven't seen them again. For several years now it's been a guy there. He's great but he's not eye candy in the same way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Made out with a girl at the Regal Beagle.  Hell of a long time since that's happened.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2021, 01:50:09 AM
Made out with a girl at the Regal Beagle.  Hell of a long time since that's happened.

:ccr:

Admiral Yi

Scored an eagle today.  Second time in my life.  :)

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2021, 08:33:40 PM

:cool:

That's two or three below par?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2021, 08:33:40 PM
Ok, Brain.  :rolleyes:

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Admiral Yi

Never hit an albatross.  Never expect to.

The Brain

garbon

Spent the day at the British Museum (to see final days of the Nero exhibit) and the British Library. Almost felt like pre-pandemic times.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

A year ago my neighbor got railed almost daily. Now there's little sex noises, and sometimes I can hear a baby. What's up with this?

Syt

Ask them. Unless you don't trust them. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

My supermarket has Kellogg's Pop-Tarts. Nice, but I would have preferred that 30, 35 years ago. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.