Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on April 20, 2018, 03:32:53 PM
Lot of 250,000 "painted toy soldiers" to be auctioned off:

More pictures in link: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/huge-array-250000-toy-soldiers-found-former-owner-died-7482670/

A lot of those featured in the first few photos are Britains Detail figures from the 1970s, whether the WW2 germans or the napoleonic/ACW, an odd combination of plastic 54mm figure on a rectangular metal base. They have some value, probably a dollar each.

Oddly the wholly plastic ones shown, American western cavalry/artillery and the Arab horsemen can be considerably more valuable. I think the ones shown are either Timpo and/or Britains. They're also multi-part so can be pulled apart and re-arranged.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Finished a couple of 40K minis. And yes, I know the gloss varnish doesn't photograph that well.

Captain Penzance of the Zenobian 7th - biography here

Sister Kali - biography here

The Brain

Cool! :)

I have made progress on my Space Marines, but they're not ready for the camera just yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on April 25, 2018, 01:12:08 PM
Cool! :)

I have made progress on my Space Marines, but they're not ready for the camera just yet.

Heh. I have miniatures that are "in progress" from years ago. I tend to start and sometimes even "almost finish" way more miniatures than I actually finish.

Jacob

I've started playing a game of Sellswords & Spellslingers. It's a small count skirmish game, geared towards solo and co-op play. I've gotten maybe two hours in in total and I've enjoyed it.

Here's the intro for the game:

The game's still in progress, but here's what I have so far:

Prelude and stats (the pictures above + the stats of the characters)

Part I

Part II

Sophie Scholl

Looks pretty interesting.  Did you paint all of those minis?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 13, 2018, 11:48:31 PM

Sure did.

Some of them quite a while ago... Skarloc, f. ex., is a lead miniature that's probably been painted longer than some of the people on my team at work have been alive.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on May 14, 2018, 01:01:27 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 13, 2018, 11:48:31 PM

Sure did.

Some of them quite a while ago... Skarloc, f. ex., is a lead miniature that's probably been painted longer than some of the people on my team at work have been alive.
:worthy:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

The Brain

There is only the Emperor.

So I finished my new Space Marines army. They're from the Iron Templars chapter, which among other things only has chaplains and no captains and similar. They don't like bling because it doesn't help them do the Emperor's work. They have long standing alliances with the Holy Ordos, especially the Ordo Hereticus, and are great friends of the Ecclesiarchy.

Everyones gets a helmet and everyone gets a ride.

Red (Tactical) squad:

Blue (Tactical) squad:

Green (Scout) squad:

Assault squad with chaplain:

Terminator squad with chaplain:

Chaplain (commanding the force) and command squad:

Venerable Dreadnought:

Red squad's Rhino:

Blue squad's Rhino:

Green squad's Land Speeder Storm:

Terminator squad's Land Raider Crusader:

Command squad's Razorback:

Storm Eagle, for assault squad and dreadnought:

A pretty fun and quick project. The very simple painting scheme was easy to paint and still looks totally OK I think. The Storm Eagle is a mixed plastic and resin kit from Forge World and was a bitch to assemble due to lack of fit (and still looks weird from the wrong angles). No transfers used in this army, but a lot of Templar extra details both plastic, resin, and etched brass.

Thanks to Jacob for inspiring me to finish this. I saw his sweet 40k AAR and immediately picked up the project again.

Threviel

Very nice, I like the clean style. It can be so overdone sometimes.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Edit: Thank you!

Hey I can see my old Photobucket pics again (for instance the first page of the thread). Can you? Maybe Photobucket came to their senses.

Jacob