Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2020, 01:52:59 PM
Is this it?  The Big V Shaped Recovery?  Asian markets are all up

I don't think so, no. Possible dead cat bounce. I'm fairly confident we begin to see strong movements downward again in the next two weeks.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Richard Hakluyt

I believe that the markets will continue to fall. But there are some great opportunities for people not afraid of risk. My fingers hovered over the buy button when Royal Dutch Shell fell below £10 here; decided not to risk it and now it is at £13.71.........heigh ho.....

Hamilcar

Classic bear market bounce. We're re-testing the lows for sure.

Tamas

Quote from: Hamilcar on March 25, 2020, 05:11:01 AM

I agree, the pandemic has not even started in earnest in the US yet, the UK is also yet to enter the toughest phase.

Then again, it is well-advised to listen to my views on the stock market and do the exact opposite :P

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2020, 09:48:42 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on March 25, 2020, 05:11:01 AM

I agree, the pandemic has not even started in earnest in the US yet, the UK is also yet to enter the toughest phase.

Then again, it is well-advised to listen to my views on the stock market and do the exact opposite :P

This thread is now crying out for Ed Anger comments about emergency rations, money in buried coffee tins and guns.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

I really doubt we go more than 10% below the bottom. As far as the US markets go, I think we've seen the worst.

This is a short term issue and the stimulus bill is generous in providing unemployment benefits and financing to businesses.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

I bought DIS close to it bottoming out.  I expect to sell it for a tidy profit soon. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Cal is unafraid of drawing the evil eye to himself. :ph34r:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

The spirit force that punishes you when you openly express pride and satisfaction.

Camerus

My portfolio was ca. 15% bonds before the crash. Simply rebalancing back to 15% would give me some additional cash to buy equities with.

But is now or even early next week the time to send the Imperil Guard in, and go down to 5-10% bonds? Or 0%?  :ph34r:

Or should I stay at 15% bonds?  :hmm:

Decisions, decisions.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Camerus on March 26, 2020, 12:41:00 PM
My portfolio was ca. 15% bonds before the crash. Simply rebalancing back to 15% would give me some additional cash to buy equities with.

But is now or even early next week the time to send the Imperil Guard in, and go down to 5-10% bonds? Or 0%?  :ph34r:

Or should I stay at 15% bonds?  :hmm:

Decisions, decisions.

BUY BUY BUY

Admiral Yi

Just heard the interesting observation on CNBC that Warren hasn't made any big moves yet.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2020, 10:01:46 PM
Just heard the interesting observation on CNBC that Warren hasn't made any big moves yet.
She's probably still busy binge watching replays of her debates with Bloomberg.