Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am thinking about putting a tiny amount of gambling money into Bluejay Mining as the idea of Greenland mining intrigues me:
https://www.titanium.gl/

Tamas

Well I haven't. Too much like gambling even for me.

Screw Trump though.

Tonitrus

I hear the commodities money is in lithium and other battery component materials.  :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

I now own: ganja.  :smoke:

Renard, help a brother out and buy Canopy Growth products.

mongers

US stocks have nearly the worst week in a decade:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46654064

US stocks suffered one of the worst weekly falls in a decade as trade tensions with China, interest rate rises and a possible government shutdown rattled markets.

All three indexes closed lower, with the technology-focused Nasdaq down 20% since its peak, placing it in so-called "bear market" territory.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average recorded its biggest weekly drop in percentage terms since 2008.

The S&P 500 fell 7% for the week.

It is the biggest weekly percentage drop since August 2011 while the Nasdaq's 8.36% decline is the sharpest since November 2008.

The Dow Jones fell 6.8% during the week.

Trumpian* chickens coming home to roost?

* I can't tell because surprisingly he hasn't been twittering about it.

mongers

Dow has worst ever Xmas eve and largest December drop since 1931.  :hmm:

Asia indexes down today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46679094

Japan's Nikkei index slides amid US uncertainty
25 December 2018

Japan's main stock market index has plunged, reflecting traders' worries following a slide on Wall Street.

The Nikkei closed down 5% on Tuesday, its worst finish since April 2017. Indexes in Shanghai, Bangkok and Taiwan also fell.

Investors have been concerned about President Trump's dispute with the US central bank chief and another government shutdown.
US stocks had their worst Christmas Eve on record.

The Dow Jones index of 30 leading companies fell more than 650 points on Monday, and is on track for its worst December since 1931, during the Great Depression.

Many financial markets in Asia, Europe and North America are closed on Tuesday for Christmas.

Tamas

Not that I am enjoying this fall with my meager positions taking a beating, but to be fair I read several times over the years that the good times had been made possible and propped up by QE and the nonexistent interest rate and things will turn for the worst once these change.