News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Maybe I just listened to them too much when I had nothing better to do but I have grown to love The Gaslight Anthem

Walking in my old man shoes, with my scientist heart
I got a fever and a beaker and a shot in the dark
I need a Cadillac ride, I need a soft summer night
Say a prayer for my soul, Señorita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPdCP5f_gmk

FunkMonk

They're a good band. I have two of their albums, and both get a regular listen. The '59 Sound was on constant replay a few years ago during my workouts.

http://youtu.be/kYO3Ey8NxPQ

http://youtu.be/MKL-BYhRJu8

I had a chance to see them in St. Louis, but I didn't go.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Both good tracks, especially the second one. :)

I got to learn about them only last year when me and a few of my friends ALMOST went to the Prague City Festival and I was listening in on the bands which were there. Needless to say I regret cancelling that now.

FunkMonk

Those two and Here's Looking at You, Kid are my favorites.

Basically anything from The '59 Sound, really. That album is just a great, solid piece of work.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 31, 2012, 08:46:29 AM
Those two and Here's Looking at You, Kid are my favorites.

Basically anything from The '59 Sound, really. That album is just a great, solid piece of work.

Yes, it is a regular CD in my car. :)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

I want to escape from the taint, so: M83 - Midnight City (Liep's Track of the Year 2011 :thumbsup:)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Ben Howard - Keep Your Head Up
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Clapton - Crossroads

Wondered about that, shuffle disabled.

mongers

Hippy tingly music:

Hawkwind - ' Choose Your Masques'  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Ideologue

Disney songs.  Presently, Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid.  It's a fun song.  I wish I lived under the sea; on the shore they slave away. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 04, 2012, 12:16:19 AM
Disney songs.  Presently, Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid.  It's a fun song.  I wish I lived under the sea; on the shore they slave away. :(

lol, I like Disney songs, too.  :blush:  They relax me.

Hakuna Matata, bitches.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on February 04, 2012, 07:16:33 PM
Jethro Tull - Dun Ringill

:thumbsup:

That takes me back a bit, that album is almost pre-thatcher.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"