Ed Anger

I've got that album. Good stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2011, 07:32:23 PM
Huh.  Sometimes you surprise me, old friend.  I'd never have thought it was to your taste.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 08, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2011, 07:32:23 PM
Huh.  Sometimes you surprise me, old friend.  I'd never have thought it was to your taste.

Just that album. Just like Megadeth, whose only album I can stand is Youthanasia.

I also have Hootie and the Blowfish and Gin Blossoms.

Ideologue

The Gin Blossoms' The New Miserable Experience was pretty much 90s weenie rock (e.g. Soul Asylum, Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows) at its finest.  I'd take it over August and Everything After.

I think everybody owns a copy of Cracked Rear View.  They were finding that shit in caves in Afghanistan.  It's weird to go back and listen to it now that it's not being overplayed so badly you want them to die and their names removed from the histories, and realize it was in fact basically okay.

If someone was gonna own just one BR album, though, I'd have guessed Stranger Than Fiction.  That actually got radio airplay and afaik was their most successful, mainstream offering (and also probably their best album).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

And Third Eye Blind.

Chicks just loved that stuff.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2011, 09:47:40 PM
And Third Eye Blind.

It never fails to crack me up when I'm at a restaurant or in a mall or whatever and "Semi-Charmed Life" comes on the store radio.  Meth addiction and blowjobs: it's fun for the whole family.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 08, 2011, 09:55:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2011, 09:47:40 PM
And Third Eye Blind.

It never fails to crack me up when I'm at a restaurant or in a mall or whatever and "Semi-Charmed Life" comes on the store radio.  Meth addiction and blowjobs: it's fun for the whole family.

haha. Never really listened to the lyrics.  :blush:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on November 08, 2011, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2011, 12:10:19 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 05, 2011, 03:58:31 PM
B-52s--Rock Lobster.  FU, Tonitrus. :P

I was all set to mock you for your musical taste, but then you mentioned one of my favourite songs of all time. :(

I'm the arbiter of culture.  There's no piece of art I like that isn't objectively great.

Bad Religion--21st Century (Digital Boy) (1990 version from Against The Grain).

A review of this thread shows that to be demonstrably untrue.

I was thinking more along the lines of a blind chipmunk... :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Soundgarden--The Day I Tried to Live.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011