Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 20, 2011, 01:51:48 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 20, 2011, 01:12:58 AM
Stan Bush--The Touch.

A good blast-from-the-past from the original Transformers movie.

Rocks indeed.  In the same vein, Specter General--Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Can you believe these mincing West Slav losers named themselves after a fucking Baltimora song?  The Baltimora song?  I hope a direct lineal descendant of Jimmy McShane's HIV load strikes them down for their hubris.

Here's some offensive polka disco crap, the kind of music I assume plays in Martinus' head constantly and makes him do the things he does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltwi-Mk8CI&feature=related

Anyway, Baltimora--Chinese Restaurant.  That's better.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Prince - Nothing Compares 2 U
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2011, 12:46:43 PM

I know he wrote it, but I didn't know he also recorded it. What album's it on?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on June 24, 2011, 03:27:51 PM

Here you go from wiki:
QuoteDue to the popularity of the O'Connor recording, Prince began to perform the song in concert, and included a live duet between himself and Rosie Gaines on his 1993 compilations The Hits/The B-Sides and The Hits 1. Prince also recorded a solo version of the song for his 2002 live album, One Nite Alone... Live!.
I have it from "The Hits/The B-Sides."

mongers

801* - Out of the Blue

(some bbc radio session I recorded about 30 years ago !)

*at various times, most of the members of Roxy Music and a few other famous musicians.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Mountain - 'Nantucket Slayride'

Marillion - Script For A Jesters Tear - ' He Knows You Know'

Led Zeppelin - Coda - Wearing And Tearing'

Atomic Rooster - 'End Of The Day'

Deep Purple - Stormbringer - 'Soldier Of Fortune'

Diamond Head - Borrowed Time ' - Call Me'

Garry Moore - Dirty Fingers - ' Nuclear Attack'

Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard of Oz - 'I Don't Know'

Soldier - 'Sheralee'

Rods - 'Power Lover'

Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings - 'Clocks - The Angel Of Mons'

Ted Nugent - Scream Dream 'Terminus El Dorado'.

Tytan - 'Blind Men and Fools'

Alquin - Mountain Queen - ' The Dance'

Vanilla Fudge - 'You Keep Me Hangin On'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Scipio

Frank Sinatra, Ring-a-ding-ding (album, remastered).

The first Reprise release ever.  No Nelson Riddle, but it sounds just as good as Songs for Swingin' Lovers, Frank and Nelson's best collaboration.  Sinatra at the peak of his second wind, with great orchestration and song choice.  Just amazing.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2011, 03:31:40 PM

Here you go from wiki:
QuoteDue to the popularity of the O'Connor recording, Prince began to perform the song in concert, and included a live duet between himself and Rosie Gaines on his 1993 compilations The Hits/The B-Sides and The Hits 1. Prince also recorded a solo version of the song for his 2002 live album, One Nite Alone... Live!.

Sort of like "Because the Night" with Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen, I guess.  Dude wrote the song, didn't like it, Smith took it, made it big, and him and E Street performs it live.

Evidently, there's also a Cascada cover?  Neat.
Kinemalogue

Scipio

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2011, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2011, 03:31:40 PM

Here you go from wiki:

Sort of like "Because the Night" with Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen, I guess.  Dude wrote the song, didn't like it, Smith took it, made it big, and him and E Street performs it live.

Evidently, there's also a Cascada cover?  Neat.
Because the Night is the one Springsteen song I would cover if I had a band.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon