Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on May 13, 2011, 09:30:32 PM
The Wall
Hell of a thing, isn't it?

Jobriath-Gone Tomorrow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Klaus Nomi--Total Eclipse.  The 1970s were a weird time, weren't they?
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Discovered 'Mumford & Sons', fucking epic! Don't know how I missed them so far.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2011, 10:42:21 AM
Neither do I.  They get a fair ton of radio play.

Klaus Nomi-You Don't Own Me (cover of the Lesley Gore song, substantially more interesting, although the original's not bad).
Andrew Gold-Lonely Boy (lyrics for wieners, although it has some fun guitar and piano parts).
OMD-Genetic Engineering (pure fucking awesome).
Q Lazzarus-Goodbye Horses (would you fuck me? I'd fuck me).
Kinemalogue

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2011, 10:42:21 AM
Neither do I.  They get a fair ton of radio play.
I've lived in Korea for the last two years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Half an hour of Joy Division and New Order on VH-1 Classic. :cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Jobriath--I'maman.  I'd probably bet a dollar this is one of the songs Peter Frampton worked on.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

Tonitrus

ZZ Top - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide