Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

garbon

Tamia - Falling For You
Alanis Morrissette - Head Over Feet
Mariah Carey - I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time
Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

My mother just quoted Ariana Grande to me. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

garbon

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Basil Poledouris - Putin's Demise
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

King Crimson....in the court of...
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2019, 06:30:06 PM

Very appropriate given they were founded 50 years ago today, started rehearsing in some fulham cafe.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2019, 06:48:50 PM

Very appropriate given they were founded 50 years ago today, started rehearsing in some fulham cafe.   :bowler:

Yeah that's why I listened to it. Thinking of doing a run through their catalogue over the next while.
Civis Romanus Sum

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2019, 08:57:12 AM
Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2019, 06:48:50 PM

Yeah that's why I listened to it. Thinking of doing a run through their catalogue over the next while.

:cool:

Good idea, I only knew because i got the marketing email.  :blush:

Maybe I should take trip over to Wimborne Minster to visit some of the sites associated with Fripp, like the tourist information centre he used to be landlord of, the estate agents he started work at or Spill the Beans wholefood store I used to see him in?   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

I saw this article:

Where Have All the Music Magazines Gone?

And wondered if anyone has a "Go to" site for music reviews.  (I use Allmusic, which is great for older pop and rock albums; but so-so for jazz and more contemporary music and flat out awful for classical.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock