And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Madison Beer - Dead
New Order - Age of Consent
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Kim Larsen - Hvis din far gi'r dig lov
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Kim Larsen - De smukke unge mennesker
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Yes - 'Starship Trooper'  - ten minutes of OTT music from 1971.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on October 08, 2018, 07:43:49 PM

Can't go wrong with that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 09, 2018, 07:15:26 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 08, 2018, 07:43:49 PM

Can't go wrong with that.

:)

Indeed and I really should have a Yes binge.

garbon

Dermot Kennedy - Power Over Me

The Minsky Moment

Brad Mehldau - Trio Live
Favorite of mine on long airplane trips - relaxing but good grooves.  Jeff Ballard on this is one the top drummers playing today.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on October 24, 2018, 07:04:34 PM
Dire Straits 'Telegraph Road'

That reminds me, Mark Knopfler tickets go on sale Friday :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Savonarola

Claudio Monteverdi - Madrigals Book 1 (Roger Wagner Madrigal Singers)

Written in 1587 when Monteverdi was 19 (his work had been published music since he was 15; not Mozart, but not bad.)  Monteverdi would be the figure who would usher in the baroque in music, largely by outgrowing the conventions of the renaissance.  This first book gives no indication of that, in fact they were considered anachronistic in their day.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Carpenter Brut - Inferno Galore
Women want me. Men want to be with me.