News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Muddy Waters- Hoochie Coochie Man
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Savonarola

David Bowie's First Studio Recording Discovered in a Bread Basket

From 1963, when Mr. Jones was sixteen (and right after George Underwood gave him the permanently dilated pupil).  You can hear a bit of it here.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed to Be Here
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Josephus

Rush. A Farewell to Kings (LP)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on July 28, 2018, 05:32:29 PM
Rush. A Farewell to Kings (LP)

:cool:

That's one of the few vinyl LPs I still have.  :(

edit:
listening to an mp3 of UK's Danger Money album, (my recording of the my LP)

'Rendezvous 6.02' lyrics remind me of living in London.

It's 5 o'clock
Driving down Park Lane
As London leaves
For the weekend again
Through the dark city streets
In the clinging rain
I take my car
Towards the Thames
And Waterloo

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Emeli Sandé - I'd Rather Not

Duque de Bragança

Edguy - La Marche des Gendarmes (cover from the movie series theme with Louis de Funès)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcXGsLuDmw0

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

I heard The Marias new track "Cariño" on NPR's Alt Latino podcast.  The podcast routinely goes on this soul-searching "What is Latin Music?" topic; and this would be a good example as to why.  The track could be a laid back blue-eyed California soul song; except the lyrics are in Spanglish.  The lead singer said something I thought was interesting; that the various Latin American cultures are all found in the United States and that since she was raised here she could bounce back and forth between those cultures and mainstream American culture to make a "Latin" sound that didn't sound like any one nation's music in particular.

They also had a number by Twango; a Spaniard who plays surf rock. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock